My First HTPC
Hi, there are plenty of my First HTPC topics around, here is my first HTPC.
  • MotherBoard : Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
  • CPU : INTEL LGA1155,Core i3-2120
  • Power Supply : HIGHPOWER 300W
  • DVD Player : LG 24X DVD-RW
  • RAM : 4 GB
  • Case : SILVERSTON ML03B
  • Storage : 1 * 750GB Seagate 2 years old Hard Disk
  • Operating System : Windows 8 64bit
  • Remote : Harmony One

The only thing not being great is the fact that I need to get up to fire up the HTPC because I don't won't to live it on Sleep Huh
Wake on LAN + some kind of WoL Android tool? So you can wake the PC without getting up from the couch :-D
Fanless Linux HTPC/NAS: Streacom FC10, ASUS P8H77-M PRO, i3-3225, Corsair LP White DDR3-1600, picoPSU-150-XT, 1x SSD 840, 2x HDD WD Red 3TB
Stats: 29W idle, 55W load, CPU 38-43°C idle, CPU 55-60°C load, HDD 42-43°C idle, HDD 47°C load

Thanks,

But ideally it should start with the Harmony remote Big Grin, Well I am still digging in to it, and might use a arduino with Ethernet to do it.
Buy an RF USB receiver, it's what I do to use a Harmony remote to wake my HTPC
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
You mean IR USB receiver
I will use xir for old xbox or. I think also this one is ok.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290544898303?ssP...1438.l2649
Or

http://www.simerec.com/
(2013-01-04, 19:08)Walrus Wrote: You mean IR USB receiver
yep....
Intel NUC 11 NUC11PAHi3 // LibreELEC 11.0
Thanks for your answers. I already have an IR USB receiver, but couldn't get it open the PC when shutdown.

I can get out the HTCP out from sleep but can't turn it on when it is closed. I can do it with a keyboard connected to the PS2 port but the same doesn't work with a keyboard connected to an USB according the manual. I believe it is possible with some motherboards but not mine. I need to test it but If I access the bios my tv says "unsupported Resolution" so I need to get a LCD screen from a friend before trying anything else.
Why only a DVD RW, you don't have any Blu-ray?
It is an old DVD Player, I toked from my old PC.

At the moment I don't have any blue-rays but I consider buying one in the near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My First HTPC0