Win New HTPC build ... IR questions!?
Question 
Hi all (and happy new year!) ... just finished assembling and installing all on a new HTPC build (AMD-A10 based / Win 8) ... practically everything is working fine ... just a couple of niggles.

I'm using a Wesena ITX5 case with their USB-IR board ... I didn't bother getting their Philips remote as I'm using a Harmony One anyway!

Configured the harmony ... and most things are working ... powering up works but does take a couple of tries ... so when running an activity most of the times the PC won't turn on .... pressing the harmony's 'help' button usually sorts it out - this is an issue with Logitech ... so I won't get more into it here!

Anyway - the only real issue I have is powering down from XBMC .... when I issue the 'powertoggle' command (or close an activity on harmony), xbmc simply quits to windows ... it doesn't shutdown/hibernate the pc! I setup the shutdown option to hibernate from xbmc's power saving menu, but it just ignores that and quits! Is this a known issue - any workaround please?

Also - but not an XBMC issue - once out in Win 8, pressing the powertoggle from desktop still won't power down immediately ... it just pop-up with the shutdown menu - worse still, if i'm on the metro-ui simply nothing happens!

Edit - remembered I wanted to ask something else - what software should I use to translate IR to keyboard shortcuts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC build ... IR questions!?0