Advancedsettings.xml error?
Hi people Smile

I have been using XBMC now for 2 years or so and it has worked perfectly, I am running a Synology NAS with all my files on it and I have configured an advancedsettings.xml file to make everything work "from the box" on any new installation and with the MySQL database on the NAS.

However, this evening it just suddenly stopped working, there are some errors that suddenly appeared in the log which I do not understand, can anyone out there who is more clever than me on these things please help me?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5559926/log.txt

I have only removed username/password and the names of all the films from the scan from the log, nothing else!

I tried using WebDAV instead of SMB and it seems to connect at least, but still does not work, I cannot figure out why this happened so suddenly, has SMB support been removed just suddenly?

Yours Sincerely

Dávur Leon
From what I can see, you get error 53 when trying to read sources.xml:

Code:
CWINFileSMB: Unable to open file \\davurleon.no-ip.org\media\sources.xml Error: 53

From a quick Google on Samba error 53 it seems to indicate network path not found. Did you recently change IP (and your no-ip.org address is no longer pointing to your computer), changed user name/password, modified a firewall?

What happens if you run \\davurleon.no-ip.org\media\sources.xml in Windows Explorer, can you open it?

Edit: Removed "CWINFileSMB: " from line to try
Hi!

Thank you for your reply, but, as far as I know I have not changed anything, and if I try to connect using WebDAV I can connect, it is just suddenly a problem using SMB which seems weird...
I can access a page with the link you provide, but I don't know how to incorporate the username/password in the link and therefore do not reach the right destination.
Can it have anything to do with me installing an updated DirectX today?
Sorry, I restored Windows to prior to the Directx update and now it suddenly works again...
Finally isolated the problem, it has to do with Bitdefender Total Security 2013, after I installed it seems I cannot reach the NAS anymore, if I disable the firewall part of the program it works.
I have allowed XBMC through and such, any idea what to do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings.xml error?0