Linux ubuntu phone
Just saw the release from ubuntu on the ubuntu phone. First thing I thought... xbmc on the phone. YES... is this possible

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Why?
lol. becuase we can. ios has it, android has it, so why not linux ubuntu users.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
xbmc can run on lunix of cuz it can run on ubuntu
(2013-02-05, 08:12)ujphone Wrote: xbmc can run on lunix of cuz it can run on ubuntu

ubuntu is Linux,
and not necessarily, if I remember correctly the ubuntu phone uses javascript or html5 for it's apps.

Also, I think the main reasons for those platforms (ios & android) having xbmc is because of the ATV and android sticks & boxes.
I thought I read that the Ubuntu Phone OS will run native android apps. If this is the case I don't see why it couldnt run the XBMC android apk.
nope, ubuntu phone is completely different to android, all it shares is the kernel.
(2013-02-05, 16:38)Atomic Zombie Wrote: nope, ubuntu phone is completely different to android, all it shares is the kernel.

You sir are incorrect, it will run both ubuntu(linux) and android apps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_for_Android
I'm afraid I'm not, that is a different project to run a full desktop version of Ubuntu on the Linux kernel found in andoid phones. the same thing will be happening to "the ubuntu phone" (where you can run a full ubuntu desktop on the ubuntu phone) however it will not be running android apps.
hmm maybe it is a different project. I can't tell. Information seems to be worded funny.
If you go to http://www.ubuntu.com/devices it tells you all about their projects
I think the big benefit here would be the way that its supposed to go into a full desktop when you dock the phone

So you could carry the dock while traveling and dock you phone and get a full XBMC on the hotels tv
this is true, but the full desktop is a normal ubuntu install anyway, sharing the kernel. So it should work out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ubuntu phone0