naming is same for every different show ?
So, just noticed this
running window 7 / frodo rc2
i have several different tv shows
for each of those shows, the first 10 episodes ( e01-e10) are all named the same
name of show and episode is correct, but the same descriptions all come up the same

for example:
filename.s01e01
filename.s01e02
filename.s01e08
and so on

when, i go to Video/files, and browse to the folders that i have each season in, it will be labelled

filename.1x01. in 3D
filename.1x02 in 3D #2
filename.1x08.running with scissors

so, i have approximately
20 tv shows
each of these shows will have the exact same naming at the end

anyone else see this
what is the best way to correct the 'library' ?
A little searching suggests these are the episode titles to Al TV.

Does "Al TV" happen to be the name of the folder containing all your TV shows?
yes, as a matter of fact is it
I think there is a wiki article on what is the best practice for media management and folder structure.
(2013-01-04, 04:28)Swiper the Fox Wrote: yes, as a matter of fact is it

Chances are that you've set the content to "TV Shows" on the wrong folder, the one containing the Al TV folder, rather than the Al TV folder itself, likely by adding the parent folder as a source. (XBMC assumes the names of the first layer of sub-folders of the folder you set as containing TV shows are the names of the TV shows.)

The simplest fix would be to remove the existing source, and then add the Al TV folder itself as a source directly, setting the content to TV Shows as you do so.

The less simple fix, which would preserve your source (and likely watched/unwatched status), would be to first change the content on the source folder to "none" via the context menu (press 'c', or right-mouse-click), and then navigate to the Al TV folder and change the content on that to TV Shows (again, via the context menu).

The less likely scenario is that you did add Al TV as source and set the content as "TV Shows", but accidentally selected the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option. In which case, you just need to change content and deselect that option.
thanks scudlee
i'll give those options a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
naming is same for every different show ?0