CuBox? Hmmm....
You may want to watch how they demo the CuBox with XBMC. It looks snappy to me (for a tiny PC).

http://solid-run.com/cubox

What I'm thinking is that it ticks all marks for a secondary XBMC machine in the house, as it has video hardware decoding, an infrared receiver and gigabit ethernet too. Any drawbacks the hardware gurus here can spot?
Just noticed they are going to release a Cubox Pro. It looks like it only really has more RAM.

It runs Android 2.2 so NO native keyboard or other i/o support, no tablet mode, no butter, no google now and advanced search.
All this can be solved with workarounds - but that's not always ideal so an update will be necessary.
The update might create other problems as newer android versions usually recommend 1GHz+

800MHz won't handle 3D, no GPU mentioned as i could see so i would guess that its nothing impressive (weaker than mali 400) - but if the producers get involved with xbmc and source the drivers etc. necessary for hw.acc this might handle XBMC better than atoms.
Cubox is also running various Linux ports and there is some hardware acceleration in XBMC for it in a custom build. VPU accelerates H264 (and I think MPEG2 and VC-1)

Have a look over at the Cubox forums - and I think there is a Geexbox build for it. It's sort of in roughly the same situation as the Pandaboards. Not as popular as the Raspberry Pi - but there is some development.

Think Android is more of an afterthought on Cubox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CuBox? Hmmm....0