what do you use to organize your media?
just gave MediaElch a test run,
but it seems to have issues not seeing everything that's in my collection
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
MediaElch seems very nice! I'd love the fact that in the roadmap they list the feature of renaming media.
Anyway, I'd love to know if there is a web based tool (php, python, ruby, etc) with similar functionality.
The ability to run it directly on the NAS where I keep my files would make it a killer application for me.
Suggestions?

Thanx!
i have 30gb of music from various sources - some ripped from CD with itunes, and various other programs, some downloaded, some copied from mu now dead MP3 player - all different formats

its somethink like 10,000tracks so too much to sort manually

i have tried music brainz packard - which is supposed to idently files and albums by its audio fingerprint ( plays a bit of the file and matches the audio signature to a database downloads the metadata) but thsi only seemed to work well for <20% of it

does any one have other suggestions to auto handle the 80%
(2013-01-10, 02:08)garz Wrote: i have 30gb of music from various sources - some ripped from CD with itunes, and various other programs, some downloaded, some copied from mu now dead MP3 player - all different formats

its somethink like 10,000tracks so too much to sort manually

i have tried music brainz packard - which is supposed to idently files and albums by its audio fingerprint ( plays a bit of the file and matches the audio signature to a database downloads the metadata) but thsi only seemed to work well for <20% of it

does any one have other suggestions to auto handle the 80%

mp3tag or MediaMonkey
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Sadly I do it all manually. At first it wasn't bad but as my library has grown it is a pain and many of my movie names have typos and I want to add years to all my movies.

I run xbmcbuntu and plan doing a complete system redo once frodo hits final. Before I re-scrape all my media probably going to spend many hours fixing my file names.
I use MediaCenterMaster and enjoy it.
Well after testing a few i decided the best scraper in my opinion that works for XBMC (movies) will be Universal Scraper together with Artwork Downloader provided with XMBC.

I’ve the option to choose which scraper to use for which item (imdb/tmdb) and even which language to use for the plot or title,
I’ve the option to choose which cover/fanart should be shown.

Why i prefer this option?
Well i did some testing with Frodo and so on.
And i noticed it had issues to find my selected fanart/covers and all.
Tested also fresh installs.
After looking around in my movie folders i noticed allot of stuff that isn't been used in XBMC,
(And .nfo files been misplaced with my Blu-ray remux rips with folder structure)

What i did was the following
Choose all my fanart and other art i wanted.
Then i went to my movie folder(keep xbmc running) and deleted all *.jpg/*.tbn/*.nfo/*.bmp/*.png/fanart/extrafanart/actors
Then i went back to xbmc and choose their Export Video Library with the option export to separate files.
Then you get the option if you want to store all thumbnails and fanart and yes even watched status.
You also can choose if you want to export the actors (your choice)

Result:
A nice clean movie folder with only the stuff XBMC uses.
And when you need to import it to an update or a re-install.
It has all your fanart/posters whatever you've setup like you want.

Only thing you need to remember if you want to do a clean install or an update first choose export again so all your watched status will be updated.

And i also let the Universal Scraper do my new movies i add.

only thing i need to be sure off is that my folders are named correctly.

Do any of these have packages for the synology nas devices ?
do you got a main pc/laptop ?
because you can install any of these packages on a windows computer and tell them that your sources are on the synology
Stupid question...Assuming that your library is already organized such that XBMC will automatically recognize your files and scrape metadata, fan art, and cover art...What is the advantage of using a program like media center master to download the art and meta data locally to your computer separate from XBMC?
Follow up question...are .nfo files hidden? Media Center Master has a feature to create .nfo files that are compatible with XBMC but I don't see them when I browse my media collection with windows explorer...

Further if I don't scan a movie folder with Media Center Master, XBMC still scrapes the metadata, cover art etc, but I still don't see a .nfo file anywhere...
(2013-01-16, 16:25)LSU Jonno Wrote: Stupid question...Assuming that your library is already organized such that XBMC will automatically recognize your files and scrape metadata, fan art, and cover art...What is the advantage of using a program like media center master to download the art and meta data locally to your computer separate from XBMC?

Not a stupid question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Huh
(2013-01-16, 16:47)Tobor Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 16:25)LSU Jonno Wrote: Stupid question...Assuming that your library is already organized such that XBMC will automatically recognize your files and scrape metadata, fan art, and cover art...What is the advantage of using a program like media center master to download the art and meta data locally to your computer separate from XBMC?

Not a stupid question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Huh

Several reasons:

1.) XBMC is not perfect. It can sometimes scrape the wrong movie or show - and maybe not at all. A 3rd party tool allows you to manually select the correct title.

2.) Not everything is available online. For example, Teaching Company Videos or personal home movies.

3.) Ability to deal with special features or extras. I like to organize extras for titles in respective directories and add an eponymous poster.

4.) Having the correct nfo's and posters with the title allows you to easily rebuild hosts without having to backup the local library.

All good reasons.

How do you get XBMC to defer to your local metadata, cover art, etc instead of scraping? I have used Media Center Master to download meta data and artwork back when I used My Movies for WMC, but XBMC doesn't recognize the files. Supposedly Media Center Master created .nfo files, but I can't find them (haven't checked to see if they're hidden).

Apparently I've named my Lord of the Rings trilogy wrong, because XBMC won't automatically scrape the files, yet I have all of the artwork downloaded and in the movie folders and it won't show it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what do you use to organize your media?0