Archos TV Connect - $129 Android TV with Jellybean and QWERTY Controller
http://www.archos.com/products/home/arch...lang=en&#a

Call me crazy, but this is where XBMC Android Devs need to focus... if hardware acceleration can work and everything else run smoothly, this will be the new ATV2.
search broke ? Smile
I don't think one other thread halfway down the second page that was basically crapped on by someone with a negative experience on an unrelated Archos tablet requires a snooty search-first response... but feel free to merge or delete this thread if you like.
(2013-01-04, 19:53)IsleOfMan Wrote: I don't think one other thread halfway down the second page that was basically crapped on by someone with a negative experience on an unrelated Archos tablet requires a snooty search-first response... but feel free to merge or delete this thread if you like.

Well excuse me for sharing my Archos experience. Oh oops, now you're probably going to need to make another thread. Sad
Hmmm, let me get this straight, you want to make new thread when someone post something negative in a thread, that right ?
That's not right at all... the knee-jerk "you should have searched first" responses in almost every thread are what bother me. Yes, there was an existing thread. Indeed I could and should have posted there had I known. But this is a forum for discussion and conversation. 99% of the questions out there have probably been asked and answered. I have no problem being pointed to an existing thread or having my thread closed/merged, but there are far better ways to do so than to be snarky and jumping to a "search first" response. If I wanted to search for information I would have just gone to Google. I come to this and other forums for discussion and discourse. If you had said "There's an existing thread, please post there. I'm closing/merging this one" I would have done so and moved along. Every time a mod or anyone else takes the "everyone should search before they post anything" mentality they discourage conversation and discourse. When you're sarcastic in the process, you do so doubly.

And I don't have any problem with anyone sharing their problems with a product or company, but people also need to keep some perspective on how experience with one product may or may not carry over to another completely different product... especially when they play in different markets and are separated by years in their release. Posts that lack this kind of deference can quickly kill a discussion when there's still plenty of interesting and pertinent discussion to be had.
I'm not going to make this a flame thread and go on and on about it, I'll just leave you with my response to your last post.

1. I thought Davilla's first comment was pretty neutral. It even had a smiley.

2. If saying negative experiences/feedback about a product or company would kill a discussion, the Allwinner A10 thread wouldn't be 143 pages long.
I don't want to prolong either and don't want to argue either. I don't think negative experience kills a thread on its own, but I think context has to play more of a role in how people apply their experience. If the snowball gets rolling, a thread can turn into a crap-fest or completely derail really quickly.

More than anything else, just wish mods and forums in general weren't so quick to jump on everyone to search everything to death before they post. That's what Google's for, not a discussion forum. It's been a pet-peeve of mine for awhile and this just set me off.

Nothing more to see here... move along...
* davilla gets out the broom to clean up.
(2013-01-04, 18:37)IsleOfMan Wrote: Call me crazy, but this is where XBMC Android Devs need to focus... if hardware acceleration can work and everything else run smoothly, this will be the new ATV2.

I agree my friend, and I certainly appreciate the find/info! Although I enjoy beta test'n new tech, I should have waited a bit longer for HA and multi-core CPU before I pulled the trigger on Android.
(2013-01-04, 18:37)IsleOfMan Wrote: http://www.archos.com/products/home/arch...lang=en&#a

Call me crazy, but this is where XBMC Android Devs need to focus... if hardware acceleration can work and everything else run smoothly, this will be the new ATV2.

That device looks nice.

My friend just jumpbed all over the Pivos Xios. Its a nice XBMC device as well but it has its quirks that were enough to make me still wait. I have no problems with my ATV2s right now and I'm waiting on the RaspBMC to come out of beta before pulling out the Pi and attempting to use it again.

My next device though I want it to have a browser where I can load up NBA League pass and watch it on my TV when there is no other way of doing it. Right now i am AIRPlaying it from my ipad but its not the best quality solution.
ok, so Pivos Xios status has you worried yet it's the android device with the most active dev going on and you think the archos might be better when it has zero dev on it ?

meh.......not for me. I would think the mk808 for a third of the price would be better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archos TV Connect - $129 Android TV with Jellybean and QWERTY Controller0