Win Frodo Movie Streaming issues
Hi

I have a server loaded with movies and tv series that is connected to a wired and wireless network. A laptop connecting through wireless and a pc connecting via wired. When using any of the Frodo builds, movies (720P & 1080p) play in very slow motion (Audio set to HDMI, if set to Analog its fine). But TV Series plays fine (Audio set to HDMI) on both my laptop and pc. When using Eden it works with no problem at all. Any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this problem?
Please read the FAQ for Frodo and especially some threadsand the wiki article about the new AudioEngine in this Forum. In most cases it's a matter of configuration or just incompatibility.
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
I followed the Wiki, but when it makes reference to the Encoded Formats, my system shows "no compressed formats found". This seems to be my problem. I have tried to re-install my drivers and also tried different ones and so far nothing....

Thanks for the reply

Any idea how I can fix this EDID Handshake issue?
How does your setup look like? HTPC => AVR => TV, just HTPC, HTPC => TV?
What HTPC hardware/OS?
Screenshots of your Audio/Video settings in XBMC could help, too. I doubt it's a EDID issue.
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
It goes from my ATI 6780 via HDMI to my Samsung P2770 and then from there to my Sony Home Theater System.

I'm Running on Windows 8, had the same problem on Windows 7

http://i47.tinypic.com/2j0l7qb.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/fc2t1y.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/1zqx3co.png
You try to handover DTS-HD etc. via HDMI to a your Samsung, which can not handle/decode it. That's the reason why it doesn't work. I guess it's related to the Realtek stuff.
What do you mean by Sony Home Theater System and how is it connected to your Samsung?

As written, it's also known that the Realtek drivers can cause trouble, you should try to use the ATI ones. Take a look to the Trouble Shooting section here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

I also recommend to switch off "sync playback to display", instead use "adjust display refresh rate to match video". Only use sync if the provided refresh capabilities of the Samsung are not sufficient (e.g. not providing 25 or 50Hz).
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
Several issues here.

1st problem is you're using Realtek driver which is incompatible with Frodo, you must use the AMD High Definition Audio driver.

2nd problem is the HDMI link is reporting it's only capable of 2 channel PCM.

Why are you not connecting direct to the Sony Home Theater system?

If you leave things as they all you'll get is 2 channel audio so you must set "Speaker configuration" to 2.0 then unselect all the "capable receiver" items so XBMC decodes the audio to PCM.
Hi, thanks for all the replies

1. I installed the newest ATI AMD Drivers now, still a problem (as it was AMD before and then installed Realtek driver to check)
2. If I connect the PC to Sony Home Theater and Sony Home Theater to monitor their is no audio (you then need to use an optical cable to transfer the audio back to the Sony Home Theater System in order to get sound), I have found no solution to this problem as of yet

Is there a way to get the audio to stop at the Sony Home Theater System or something in that regard?
I thought you would post some details about your "Sony Home Theater System". Is it an AVR, i.e. do you connect via HDMI or something else? Model number/name could help to understand what's capable of.
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
its the Sony HT-DDW5500, connected via HDMI.

I think it can not intercept the audio and just acts as a pass through to the monitor...
You say you had it working with Eden, what exactly did you get with the Eden build? 2 channel stereo only? or 5.1? and what formats did the Sony Home Theater indicate it was getting with Eden?
Just googled that Sony home theatre system, that's definitely an AVR capable of audio by HDMI (no optical cable needed): http://www.sony.co.in/product/ht-ddw5500
Your setup should look like HTPC --HDMI--> Sony --HDMI--> TV.
It looks like there is a possible EDID issue, with the wrong formats being reported, but that's not really known yet until you have it set up correctly (i.e. Realtek driver uninstalled, everything connected how it should).

Edit: from the manual on the Sony support page: http://imgur.com/mVFIH
Disregard all cables except the HDMI ones. The only cables you should have are HDMI and the ones going to the speakers.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
It's not really an AVR according to my understanding. And it doesn't support DTS-HD, so you should disable it in XBMC. Only DTS and AC3 I would try.
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
Looks like an AVR to me...
But yeah, didn't spot it didn't support HD audio (DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD), so you should disable them in XBMC, as upD8R says.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
True, it might be an AVR according to the definition but I'd expect several HDMI inputs in up-to-date devices Wink
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Movie Streaming issues0