Req upnp streaming service
I currently have upnp sharing enabled so I can stream to other devices. However, the problem is, if you close xbmc, sharing is no longer offered to other clients on the network. What I would like to see, is if you turn on upnp sharing, a separate service is deployed that will run in the background. This way, if you have upnp sharing enabled, other clients on the network can stream whether xbmc is opened or not.

Oh and transcoding would be welcomed as well but I know that's already been requested.
Just use another upnp service for this...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2013-01-05, 01:09)mad-max Wrote: Just use another upnp service for this...

Well that's obviously the solution in the meantime. But because we have to use other upnp services, that's the entire point of the post. Smile
(2013-01-04, 21:08)Lagrik Wrote: I currently have upnp sharing enabled so I can stream to other devices. However, the problem is, if you close xbmc, sharing is no longer offered to other clients on the network. What I would like to see, is if you turn on upnp sharing, a separate service is deployed that will run in the background. This way, if you have upnp sharing enabled, other clients on the network can stream whether xbmc is opened or not.

Oh and transcoding would be welcomed as well but I know that's already been requested.

Fully agree - this would be a fantastic feature. Unfortunately, it is not on the priority list of XBMC development. So don't expect it anytime soon.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
XBMC might be able to run headless on a system, but I really doubt we'll ever break up something into a separate "server". I'm not sure why one couldn't just minimize XBMC rather than close it out, since that would achieve the same results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp streaming service0