Anyone recommend a £50 Android TV box that'll handle streaming video?
I bought the Justop Android 4.0 TV Box and was very disappointed to find that it doesn't handle any kind of media streaming from the net (e.g. Firstrowsports). It stutters very badly with any kind of stream This was via a hard-wired ethernet connection, not wireless.
Does anyone have practical experience of a £50-ish Android TV box that has enough grunt to handle web video streaming from XBMC?
(2013-01-04, 21:13)itm1 Wrote: I bought the Justop Android 4.0 TV Box and was very disappointed to find that it doesn't handle any kind of media streaming from the net (e.g. Firstrowsports). It stutters very badly with any kind of stream This was via a hard-wired ethernet connection, not wireless.
Does anyone have practical experience of a £50-ish Android TV box that has enough grunt to handle web video streaming from XBMC?

This might work.Computer-Dual-core-Android-RK3066-MK808

You'll struggle getting any Android box to handle video streaming from XBMC for £50 as there is very little HW accelerated support.. the boxes might be technically capable of playing the streams/media - the problem exists when you try and use XBMC as the engine to view them.

a practical example. I have a HiMedia Q5 Android TV box and media streamer. This box can handle almost any type of file you can through at it and stream HD effortlessly through native apps and some apps from the Play store - where it struggles is trying to play the exact same streams through XBMC as it falls back on SW decoding!

I'm running a non neon version of XBMC on it just now and it's fine for most things (apart from videos! LOL!) - although I see there is a potential work around which involved invoking a third party player instead of using the XBMC player to play streams/video files. Not had much chance to get round to playing with this yet.
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
I just ordered the G-Box xD which is $80 or £50-51 plus shipping. The sales people said it plays streaming content with the official XBMC RC2 release without issues. But we will see. People were reporting decent stream capability with the G-Box midnight and this is supposedly a slightly better box for $15 cheaper. Uses AM Logic chipset which is the only chipset officially supported for HW decoding by XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone recommend a £50 Android TV box that'll handle streaming video?0