[FRODO RC2/3] Random freezes (log included)
Ever since running RC2 and now RC3, XBMC freezes now and then for about 20 seconds at a time or so. I am using Transparency skin if it matters.

First, when starting XBMC, the XBMC.exe process becomes immediately visible in task mgr, but the actual GUI doesn't show up for about 20-30 seconds. I don't seen any HDD activity during this time, so I don't know what it's doing. In the attached log it is the time space between 14:43:13 and 14:43:49.

Also, when navigating through media folders, sometimes it'll freeze as well, again for about 20 seconds. For example, when navigating from a subfolder to the root folder. In the attached log it is the time space between 14:44:20 and 14:44:47.

While it is frozen, nothing happens on the screen and the system does not respond to any keyboard/mouse presses. No data gets logged to the log file either as you can see.

This was never an issue with version 11/Eden.

Any ideas?

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/tsxWSc0C

Thanks!
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
I see you have script.watchlist installed. That may be interfering with service.skin.widgets. Uninstall/delete the watchlist folder in addons, and restart xbmc and see how it goes.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
seems more like audio problem than script problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-04, 22:13)thrak76 Wrote: I see you have script.watchlist installed. That may be interfering with service.skin.widgets. Uninstall/delete the watchlist folder in addons, and restart xbmc and see how it goes.
Did that. That's not it, unfortunately.

(2013-01-04, 22:19)Martijn Wrote: seems more like audio problem than script problem
Any suggestions? My audio setup hasn't changed since moving from Eden to Frodo.

Personally, I thought it had something to do with XBMC trying access a remote network content location which was taking too long to respond. However, all my sources are currently on local USB drive. I had some remote locations configured earlier. I removed them. But when I go to "Add source" I can still see some of them there because they're mapped as network drives in Windows and XBMC does not let me remove them.

Still, I don't see anything in the log that would confirm my suspicion.

XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
Look over your sources.xml for errant entries then.

Did you install Frodo on top of Eden, or do a fresh install (user profile deleted)?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
sources.xml only shows links to folders on my local USB drive. Nothing unusual there.

I installed Frodo on top of Eden. Was that a bad thing to do?
No, it's not bad necessarily. It should work just fine that way, but it doesn't always.

Try renaming your guisettings.xml to guisettings_OLD.xml (or whatever), and restart xbmc. More than one problem has been solved this way. It's worth a try, but just be aware that this will basically reset all settings in XBMC and the skin. But, you have your old guisettings there to rename if it has no effect.
(2013-01-04, 22:42)thrak76 Wrote: Try renaming your guisettings.xml to guisettings_OLD.xml (or whatever), and restart xbmc.
Tried it. No luck.

Strange thing. After rebooting the PC, the problem is gone.
Cool. Now knock on wood and cross your fingers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO RC2/3] Random freezes (log included)0