Hidden Windows
I'm running Frodo RC3 with the repo version of Hybrid. First off, since Transparency was marked broken, I tried Hybrid because I can't stand Confluence (who wants a horizontal menu?) and am happily surprised by its looks and am enjoying it as a replacement for T!. Thanks for your hard work. Smile

I've noticed when I view the info for a movie and then try to download art, the popup for the available versions shows behind the movie info window and is barely visible through the background of the window. I didn't try Hybrid on Eden so I'm not sure if it's attributed to XBMC or the skin.

Also, I'm noticing a significant stutter when scrolling through the home menu. I think it's more pronounced by the magnification effect and the scrolling of the menu items. I love a vertical menu, but this issue and not being able to see what all options are available on the menu are a hindrance to making this skin "spouse-friendly". Smile I may modify the skin to my own needs since you probably won't want to make that kind of drastic visual change. Gives me a good reason to start playing and learning how skins work.

Thanks again!
Hi there, thanks for the compliments. Just tested the popup for artwork & you're right the multiple artwork selection is hidden. It will be a problem with the "Z" Order - I'll fix it.

Re the Main menu stutter, I know about the lag in individual homescreen backgrounds showing up - that's going to be Feburary's mission to fix Smile Just out of interest what type of machine are you running the skin on ?

If you make any modifications, come back & show everyone what you've done.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Simple but not ideal work around - been playing with this bug & if you use the "Get Artwork" item in the context menu, and not Movie Information. Then the window for artwork selection is on top where it should be.

(2013-01-05, 15:29)Mudislander Wrote: Just out of interest what type of machine are you running the skin on ?

It's on a Windows 7 x64 desktop. AMD Phenom II, 16GB RAM, and it's either on an output of an Nvidia GT430 or a 550Ti, I can't remember. I've got plenty of power behind it.

Holy crap, my eyes are already crossing from reading all this XML. How do you do it?! Huh
Big Grin Slowly.

If you want to fix your problem. Edit "DialogSelect.xml" and right near the top instert the command "<zorder>1</zorder>" as in the code below.

PHP Code:
<window type="dialog" id="2000">
    <
defaultcontrol always="true">3</defaultcontrol>
    <
zorder>1</zorder>
    <
coordinates>
        <
system>1</system>
        <
posx>335</posx>
        <
posy>35</posy>
    </
coordinates

(2013-01-06, 14:10)Mudislander Wrote: Big Grin Slowly.

If you want to fix your problem. Edit "DialogSelect.xml" and right near the top instert the command "<zorder>1</zorder>" as in the code below.

PHP Code:
    <
    <
zorder>1</zorder>
    <
coordinates>
        <
system>1</system>
        <
posx>335</posx>
        <
posy>35</posy>
    </
coordinates

I hate asking this because it will make me look stooped. However, after scanning much of the XBMC wiki and a long session with OS X finder, I am unable to locate the xml file you referenced. Could you please provide a pointer to get me started?

My system runs OS X 10.8.2 and I installed XBMC Frodo - RC3 + Hybrid

----
TiredOldMan

System:
Cooler Master case: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3: Intel Core I5 - Ivy Bridge: 16Gb ram: acer 21" LED display: 5Tb raid 5 NAS

Software
OS X 10.8.2: Parallels 8: Windows 7 VM: Ubuntu 12.1 VM: XBMC-MAC Frodo - aeon Nox 4.0.9
Now you're going to make me look stupid also Big Grin offhand I'm not sure where your "user" directory is - maybe someone on the same system can tell us. But when you find the directory the file will be under "xbmc/addons/skin.hybrid/720p/" and the file was called "DialogSelect.xml"

(2013-01-06, 21:50)TiredOldMan Wrote:

PHP Code:
    <
    <
zorder>1</zorder>
    <
coordinates>
        <
system>1</system>
        <
posx>335</posx>
        <
posy>35</posy>
    </
coordinates

I hate asking this because it will make me look stooped. However, after scanning much of the XBMC wiki and a long session with OS X finder, I am unable to locate the xml file you referenced. Could you please provide a pointer to get me started?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=userdata

EDIT: Well, the skin won't be in userdata. It will be in the Addons folder that's in the same folder that Userdata is in. So it should be /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons
(2013-01-07, 00:07)sentry07 Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 21:50)TiredOldMan Wrote:

PHP Code:
    <
    <
zorder>1</zorder>
    <
coordinates>
        <
system>1</system>
        <
posx>335</posx>
        <
posy>35</posy>
    </
coordinates

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=userdata

EDIT: Well, the skin won't be in userdata. It will be in the Addons folder that's in the same folder that Userdata is in. So it should be /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons

Many thanks to you both. I had been in the XBMC/addons directory but didn't drill down far enough. I just applied the patch and it did in fact correct the problem. Smile
----
TiredOldMan

System:
Cooler Master case: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3: Intel Core I5 - Ivy Bridge: 16Gb ram: acer 21" LED display: 5Tb raid 5 NAS

Software
OS X 10.8.2: Parallels 8: Windows 7 VM: Ubuntu 12.1 VM: XBMC-MAC Frodo - aeon Nox 4.0.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hidden Windows0