Difficult choice in chosing the correct HTPC
I am looking at different devices and so far come up with these possibilities:

1) Mac Mini 2012 2.5Ghz with Intel 4000HD graphic - Draws 85 Watts max and 11 watts when idle
2) Shuttle XS35GT-V3 2.13Ghz with AMD 7410m graphics - draws 40 Watts max

Does the shuttle have good graphics and will it run better than the apple? I intend to use the system to play different media's such as mkv 1080p, watch netflix in HD, run XBMC smoothly without any stuttering, watch online shows in XBMC, browse internet, play music throughw winamp and use the system for about 5 to 6 hours per day.

Which one is better? Are there any faster HTPC's with lower power consumption out there that can run better than these 2?
i would think you could make your own build that will run better than #2. #1 is fine if you want to spend that much money I say go for it. You could build a similiarly powered machine for half the price though, and with a similar footprint.
(2013-01-05, 03:52)rip_king Wrote: i would think you could make your own build that will run better than #2. #1 is fine if you want to spend that much money I say go for it. You could build a similiarly powered machine for half the price though, and with a similar footprint.

OK, So which items would I need to build a better HTPC than the second option which was the Shuttle but also at 45 watts max power consumption (I'm not looking to go over 55 watts) Can you point me in the right direction as i would be interested in doing this...

Thanks
For watching 1080p video, even an i7-3770 will draw under 40W. There's no magic which is nice. There are barebones options with Intel CPUs like these to consider as well.
That thing draws 85 Watts, plus way bigger than the apple mini mac and also more expensive than just buying the mini mac version I7 version...
if you want hd4000, check out my htpcs. A setup like mine does 11w playback 1080p and 39w peak :p

edit:
note that this is overkill, I've just successfully tested 1080p on a atom 1,5ghz(dual core) with no problems so anything celeron+ should handle your needs while at the same time kicking Chuck Norris ass Tongue
(2013-01-05, 12:21)wrenxz Wrote: That thing draws 85 Watts, plus way bigger than the apple mini mac and also more expensive than just buying the mini mac version I7 version...

I am not sure what you're referring to but the cheapest mac mini with an i7 I could find is $788. There's nothing at the link I posted that costs more than that. And, if your criteria is that it has to be the same size or smaller than a mac mini then your only choice is going to be either a mac mini or the Intel NUC for HD4000 graphics. The Shuttle you posted is much bigger than anything at that link or a mac mini.
(2013-01-05, 18:22)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 12:21)wrenxz Wrote: That thing draws 85 Watts, plus way bigger than the apple mini mac and also more expensive than just buying the mini mac version I7 version...

I am not sure what you're referring to but the cheapest mac mini with an i7 I could find is $788. There's nothing at the link I posted that costs more than that. And, if your criteria is that it has to be the same size or smaller than a mac mini then your only choice is going to be either a mac mini or the Intel NUC for HD4000 graphics. The Shuttle you posted is much bigger than anything at that link or a mac mini.

I was relating to the link you sent for the Eco systems website. It says the the barebone system is $290 and then you gotta add RAM, HDD and OS, plus for the I7 model you would have to add $300.
why i7?
(2013-01-06, 01:24)RaggSokk3n Wrote: why i7?

Because I am considering using it to encode my movie files at a later stage...
I just ordered the giada i53. I5 mobile with hd4000. $500 but its got everything. I dont have it yet but it should be pretty quiet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficult choice in chosing the correct HTPC0