Win Eden Upgrade to Frodo RC3 How Long Does it Take to Start Up?
I just upgraded from Eden to Frodo RC3 and after I started XBMC it of course let me disable all the broken add-ons and has for the past 3 hours been sitting on the Aeon loading screen with the loading circle spinning. No information or questions have been presented to me after I disabled all the broken add-ons. Is it in the process of upgrading my DB right now? Or is something wrong and I need to shut down and restart?

System Specs:
Intel Core i7 930 2.8ghz * 8 Cores
12GB DDR3 1600mhz Mushkin
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
4x WD Green 2TB SATA3
3x Seagate 500GB SATA2
Dedicated Gigabit NIC
MySQL v5.5.29
XBMCLauncher v3.0
XBMC Frodo RC3

Any other info please let me know.
I suppose it might depend on the size of your collection, and it looks like you're pulling content from a NAS (my set-up is about the same, but the drives are local, took..~20 minutes but I got a functional system to watch how the scan was going in the meantime.
That's what i was wondering. If it is just upgrading the db and taking that much time, then no big deal. I just couldn't tell what exactly it was doing and didn't know if it was caught in some endless loop or something. My content is roughly 6000 tv episodes and 700 movies so I assumed it may take some time.
Check the Debug Log as it's going. It should not take more than a minute to update the database. The rescans for art only occur when you go to the video or music windows.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up hitting Esc and just reverting back to Eden until I had time to let it sit. I will have to check the log next time because my entire DB was missing after I hit Esc. Good thing I always make backups.
Tried to upgrade again today. Went much smoother but my database was empty. I didn't check the debug log but I am assuming it is some kind of database permissions issue? I configured my mysql db according to the wiki article so I assumed it would work. Any thoughts or speculations are appreciated. I may just end up waiting to upgrade until my new nas is completed.
The Debug Log is essential to avoid speculation.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I did end up upgrading to the Fro do final and ran into the same issue. I had enabled debug logging beforehand this time and saw that it was failing to upgrade the mysql db. Not exactly sure why I ran into issues as I followed the wiki when configuring mysql. I just ended up killing the db and reinstalling everything after trying to troubleshoot without much luck. It appeared that something caused my passwords to change. After reinstalling I was able to get everything back up and running. I must say I am really liking fro do so far. I absolutely love the thumbnail and fan art scanning feature. So much better than manually adding them to all my clients.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Upgrade to Frodo RC3 How Long Does it Take to Start Up?0