special setup, support needed for audio output
Music 
Hi all,

I am pretty new, but searched around the forums a bit about XBMC on ATV1.

What I already have is

- ATV1 with 160GB
- Broadcom Crystal HD BCM970015
- Compact Flash card 4GB Ultra III
- IDE to CF adapter

What I want to have, not sure if that is possible:

- use the ATV as Frontend Player with XBMC to watch all my videos up to 1080 stored on a NAS
- ATV will be connected to the TV via HDMI
- I want to remove the HDD and put in the CF and install XBMC on Linux on that

so far it should not be a big deal, but what I also want to do is:

- use the XBMC "Airplay" function to playback audio only from my IOS and Android devices

which at a first look is no problem, but I want to connect some speakers to the analogue port of the ATV, and whenever something comes into XBMC by "Airplay" the output should be to that analogue ports so that I do not need to turn the TV on to listen to music.
I do not want to "Airplay" any video or pictures to the TV via XBMC from my IOS/Android devices, if I want Ican directly send it to the Samsung UE55ES6100 TV via AllShare, so that is not an issue.

Can anybody say if that is possible to do so or is it only possible to output to the HDMI if set so in XBMC?

I hope you understand my need and hope someone has a solution for me Tongue

Many thanks in advance for all of your support

Pajaro

Install Crystalbuntu (wiki). Once Crystalbuntu is installed, SSH into the ATV1 and run the "./configure" command, and it will guide you through turning audio output on for all ports, so it will work for both analog output and HDMI output. Note that doing this will limit output to stereo, but I'm guessing that's probably not an issue for your set up. Then you should be golden.
Hi Ned,
thanks a lot for that quick solution, awesome that it is so easy.Tongue

This might cause that movie audio will also be played on the analogue speakers, but that is something I can live with.

Many thanks again, I will proceed with putting the stuff together and install soo.

Cheers Pajaro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
special setup, support needed for audio output0