Still having Problems with wireless in OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.6
Re my previous post, I'm still having issues with setting up a wireless dongle on OpenELEC, I'm pretty certain that I know what the problem is but don't know how to correct it, so hopefully someone here may be able to help.

If I install it using my passphrase, which uses a combination of letters numbers and it ends with a hash (#) it simply will not reboot, or if I plug in a LAN it will reboot with an error code (see my original post) and just hang.

The only way I can then do anything is to start from scratch and rewrite the image file to the SD card, however if I then setup the wireless network, substituting the passphrase with the identical word, only this time using all letters, instead of a mixture which includes several numbers and symbols to represent the letters, then I can see the dongle flashing and it boots up as normal, but will obviously not connect to anything.

With my limited knowledge It seems to me as if an instruction somewhere apparently doesn't like symbols and requires modifying, which I have to confess at not being knowledgeable enough to carry out, although if someone kind enough could try and point me in the right direction then I don't mind giving it a whirl, if I make a hash of it it's a simple enough matter to erase and rewrite the OpenELEC program onto the SD card. TIA for any help in solving this problem.

PS. I have set up the Wireless Networks on both the Raspbian O/S and Raspbmc, using the same passphrase without any problem.
To add to my previous post, it's definitely the final symbol (#) in my passcode that causes the problem, I've now installed V 2.99.1 with no improvement, I've also found that if I type in a space after the hash sign then it loads as normal, with the blue light on the wireless dongle flashing, although it doesn't connect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still having Problems with wireless in OpenELEC - Version: 2.95.6 0