Keymap remote.xml
Hi,

I'm trying to remap my CEC remote (Toshiba) and I've got two issues.

Issue 1: Toshiba doesen't seem to allow many buttons to go through CEC, is there a way to force this? All my buttons seem to affect the TV rather then allowing it to go through the HDMI cable. To be honest, I am assuming the answer is that this is how it is and nothing can be done about it.

Issue 2: I have had luck with all buttons (that work by default) except for one: the eject button. XBMC does detect this button, in the log I get the following:

Code:
13:17:17 T:2968511552   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
13:17:17 T:2968511552   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: eject (4a)
13:17:17 T:2968511552   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:8b:4a
13:17:17 T:2968511552   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): vendor remote button up (8B)
13:17:18 T:2968511552   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key auto-released: eject (4a)

The way I mapped the rest of my button was find what "action" the button does and reverse engineer to find the button name in the xml file. This worked, but the issue is there are no actions linked with my eject button. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!
Hey Joebacca, could you tackle your problem meanwhile?
I've got a Toshiba tv myself and am presently trying to create a keymap.xml. (with limited success so far)
I've found out that when you hit the "quick menu" on the remote and then select regza link you will come to a number of
additional buttons displayed on your screen. I will check tomorrow what buttons that will give...
For me, it helped me a lot to put this remote.xml file in the userdata/keymaps directory

Code:
<keymap>
    <MyVideoLibrary>
        <remote>
        <left>ContextMenu</left>
        </remote>
    </MyVideoLibrary>
    <MyVideoFiles>
    <remote>
        <left>ContextMenu</left>
    </remote>
    </MyVideoFiles>>
</keymap>

The Toshiba TV I have only sends the following the following keys through CEC:

Left
Right
Down
Up
Select
Back

You can however press the quick button and go to HDMI CEC and it will also add some more buttons, but I don't want to have to make those steps.

What I did here is modify the 'left' button to only react when you're in your library or files menu and then only when on a file have the 'left' button bring up the context menu. That's what I was missing.

Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap remote.xml0