[SOLVED]HD Audio Formats Missing
Building a new HTPC atm. Using the Intel 3rd Generatio CPU with a Z77 mobo. I've read through the following:

[Windows] How To Trouble Shoot Audio (from Frodo)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Windows Settings for AudioEngine
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...gine#Intel

My HTPC is using the on-board HDMI to my Denon AVR-2313CI AVR which supports DTS-HD and TrueHD. This is also a brand new receiver (newest model) and supports 3d. I watch bluray 3ds through my receiver just fine.

I have done the following:
1. Different Intel HD Drivers
2. Made sure Intel Management Engine Interface is installed. Have also tried re-installing after an Intel HD Driver upgrade.
3. Configuring the Audio to make sure all the correct settings are done (5.1, etc...)
4. I followed the step which has me going to Advanced Tab and ensure the Exclusive Mode check boxes Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device and Give exclusive mode applications priority are ticked. This is a requirement if WASAPI mode is to be used in XBMC.
5. Checked for any settings in my new Denon AVR which fully supports DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. My AVR plays DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD all the time with Bluray just fine.
6. Made sure in Control Panel Sounds that it displays the Denon-AVR instead of my TV.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?
If you unplug your TV, restart the Denon and then restart the PC do the HD audio formats show up in the audio supported formats? If you run MonInfo do you see them listed?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just to clarify, are the HD formats missing from Supported Formats tab in the Properties for your HDMI audio device.

Could be receiver settings, not able to do a search for the manual at the moment but have you made sure any HDMI control (Denon link) and HDMI audio passthrough options are disabled, although since device is reported as Denon suggests this is more last likely to be a EDID issue you'll need to get an override for.
(2013-01-05, 21:22)DDDamian Wrote: If you unplug your TV, restart the Denon and then restart the PC do the HD audio formats show up in the audio supported formats? If you run MonInfo do you see them listed?

I tried unplugging tv, restarting denon, and restarting PC. Made no difference.

Moninfo does show the proper formats:

CE audio data (formats supported)
LPCM 8-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
DTS 6-channel, 1536k max. bit rate at 44/48/88/96 kHz
AC-3 6-channel, 640k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz
DTS-HD 8-channel, 16-bit at 44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
DD+ 8-channel at 44/48 kHz
DVD-A 8-channel at 44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
SACD 6-channel at 44 kHz
(2013-01-05, 21:32)jjd-uk Wrote: Just to clarify, are the HD formats missing from Supported Formats tab in the Properties for your HDMI audio device.

Could be receiver settings, not able to do a search for the manual at the moment but have you made sure any HDMI control (Denon link) and HDMI audio passthrough options are disabled, although since device is reported as Denon suggests this is more last likely to be a EDID issue you'll need to get an override for.

That's correct. The HD formats are missing from the Supported Formats tab in the properties of my HDMI audio device.

I tried so many different settings in the receiver but none seem to make a difference. I'll try EDID overrides. I'm new at all the HTPC stuff so I'm going to have to do some reading on those threads linked in the Troubleshooting Guide. Would those threads apply to me? They appear to be related to ATI cards and I'm using the built-in Graphics on the CPU.
There have been Intel driver issues from the get-go, so I'd search the forums for versions that work.

Denon's *usually* don't have the EDID issues like Yamahas and some Pioneers, so I would suspect the Intel drivers first, EDID second.

jjd-uk's advice about the HDMI-control in the Denon settings is correct as well - on my 3808CI it's under Manual Setup > HDMI Setup > Audio and also HDMI Control that you'd need to check.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Personally I've have never had an issue with Intel for audio on HDMI as long as the IMEI driver is installed
(2013-01-05, 21:32)jjd-uk Wrote: Could be receiver settings, not able to do a search for the manual at the moment but have you made sure any HDMI control (Denon link) and HDMI audio passthrough options are disabled, although since device is reported as Denon suggests this is more last likely to be a EDID issue you'll need to get an override for.

I just found some more HDMI settings on the receiver and HDMI Control is off.
Just to further clarify your Step 2, did you use the link on the wiki page directing to the Intel knowledge base entry on how to check that IMEI driver is installed in the Windows Device Manager?
BTW, what audio device's do you have listed in Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers
(2013-01-05, 22:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Just to further clarify your Step 2, did you use the link on the wiki page directing to the Intel knowledge base entry on how to check that IMEI driver is installed in the Windows Device Manager?
BTW, what audio device's do you have listed in Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers

Yes, I do see Intel® Management Engine Interface in System Devices in the Device Manager.
Sigh. Just did an EDID override using Moninfo Export to INF, updated my driver to use the INF. Monitor in Device Manager now shows the name of the customized INF. But, in the Sound, I still do not see the HD Audio formats in the Supported Formats tab.

I posted the Moninfo information above and it clearly shows HD Audio Formats. Maybe it's the driver DDDamian said.
Fixed! It was the driver. I kept trying to install the VGA driver from Gigabyte's website but kept getting Device Manager errors. So I tried going to the latest off of Intel's website which didn't work. But then I went back to Gigabyte's driver and even though it didn't work before, Device Manager had no errors this time. Now, all the HD formats show up in the Supported Formats tab.

I appreciate everybody's help!
Smile
Weird Im having this problem too, Tried the same and much more.

Im having this setup.:
LG 50PK950
Pioneer SC-LX56 / (SC-61 I assume)
Intel i3-3225
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
Using the HD4000
Playback device name is presented as SC-LX56
HTPC -> AVR -> LG

I've found that the LG 50PK950 has missing HD audio format with 50+hz at 50hz and lower HD audio formats are there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]HD Audio Formats Missing0