NFS in Windows 7 and another problem
Question 
Hi,
I'm running XBMC 12.0 RC3 on different plattforms with a mysql database on a virtual ubuntu server.
My video share are NFS shares on a Windows 2008 R2 server (with the included NFS server) and run/ran fine on all my openelec distributions.
One distribution is on a raspberry pi and another on a sandy bridge intel notebook. Both can read and write to and from my nfs share without problems.
But my Windows 7 XBMC can't, I see the share but can't open it. The error in the log is error 13 which points to an authorisation issue but the only thing I can do in the windows NFS server is to allow the ip which I did (and root access of course). Again the same config works for openelec.
Any idea what could be wrong ? I really would like all my XBMC machines to have the same db and that requires the same sources if I'm not completelly mistaken.
Another little issue I ran into is following:
openelec keeps reporting that it's unable to connect to the remote server when scanning for new content or building a new db. It doesn't matter if I use NFS or SMB I get the error either way. Internet access and network connectivity is fine though. I just get that message while scanning but after that everything runs fine.
If anyboby has a clue what I could do about that I would be very happy.

Thanks a whole lot

Nana
Are your Windows machine running on an ActiveDirectory domain? It could be a NTFS permission issue. Do you have both a SMB and NFS share for the same folder?

As for your other problem, I guess you meant "updating the database" and not "scanning for a new database". I may be mistaking but what you are seeing is a connection error while scraping for content, probably TV content. I've been getting those a lot lately as THETVDB has been going up and down quite a lot.
Hi Ekred,
thanks for you reply.
No I'm just running a basic fileserver. I have different shares for SMB and NFS (i.e. the whole drive for SMB and just the video folder for NFS).

Yeah I meant updating the db, sorry for that (changed it now). And problems with THETVDB could explain what I'm seeing.
thanks again

Nana
I tried to reproduce your problem and I seem to be experiencing the same thing.

Did you enable "No server authentication (AUTH_SYS)" on your server?

Yes I did.
I really have no clue anymore. I was thinking about trying haneWIN NFS Server and see what happens there.
Hi there,

Did you end up figuring this out? I'm running NFS off of server 2008r2 as well, and keep having "cannot connect to remote server" errors. It seems to work one I connect to the nfs shares manually via mount points in windows, but first thing in the morning all the nfs shares are innaccesable.

Thanks,
Cal.
Hi,

I've been running the hanewin nfs server for a few weeks now (the trial will be ending soon Sad ) and it seems to work better. Even thoo I think the raw performance of the service is worse than the 2008 included nfs server. I think I'm actually going to switch from windows 2008 r2 to ubuntu at some point (if I find the time and energy)

Nana
nfs server - linux ...

windows server - samba

Everything in the mix - bad.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS in Windows 7 and another problem0