Aeon Nox causing XBMC (RC3) to crash?
Installed RC3 and it crashes on start up. After removing all Addons it started fine. After a lot of trying to find out which one it was it turned out to be skin.aeon.nox. I was using a GIT build from a few weeks ago.
I went in to Addons in the settings and started to download the Aeon Nox 4.0.4 via XBMC. XBMC crashed. Removed skin.aeon.nox and it started fine. Tried to download again and it crashed.

Did it again with debugging on:
https://gist.github.com/4463960

Is it an image in the skin that's at fault?

Code:
21:53:06 T:2392    INFO:   load new skin...
21:53:06 T:2392    INFO: Loading user windows, path C:\Users\HTPC Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i
21:53:06 T:2392   DEBUG: Load Skin XML: 175.52ms
21:53:06 T:2392    INFO:   initialize new skin...
21:53:06 T:2392   DEBUG: guilib: Fill viewport on change for solving rendering passes
21:53:06 T:2392    INFO: Loading skin file: Pointer.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
21:53:06 T:2392   DEBUG: CTextureBundleXBT::OpenBundle - Opened bundle C:\Users\HTPC Living Room\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\media\Textures.xbt
[b]21:53:06 T:2392   ERROR: Error loading texture: pointer-nofocus.png: Decompression error[/b]
(2013-01-05, 23:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 22:57)Vaikin Wrote: Just had the same thing happen to me...
(2013-01-05, 22:48)jdoo Wrote: Causes xbmc frodo rc3 to crash for me when I try an enable the skin. I am going to try an entirely fresh install of xbmc to see if that helps.

We know. Working on it.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Thumbs Up 
I had exactly the same error with RC2, updated to RC3 and still wouldn't start.

Thanks to your post I managed to start XBMC when I removed Aeon Nox. After trying to install Aeon Nox again it crashed. Running here on W8.

Looks like it has something to do with the skin...
I was actually in the middle of watching a film when it crashed and wouldnt start again, so glad im not the only one, lost without it Smile
Yesterday downloaded RC3, and still worked with the old Aeon Nox 4.0.x skin. Even played today with it a bit. Tonight i wanted to watch something, and i saw XBMC crashed to desktop. In the logs nothing shows special.

I suspect there is more than one "crash" here. Those that work fine at first but then fail to start after a crash while playing video is quite different.

The Aeon Nox issue is because the Textures.xbt is corrupt for some reason and causes a crash - it'll crash every time, while the other issue (crash during playback of video or some such, then failure to load XBMC after that) will work fine after a reboot of your OS.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm having the same problem with RC2, was watching a video without issue and as soon as it finished XBMC crashed and refused to startup without crashing again. I had to rollback to Eden, switch to confluence, install RC2 again. Tried a couple of other skins without issues, as soon as I switch back to Aeon Nox, even after uninstalling it and re-installing it, XBMC crashes.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1287625
(2013-01-06, 01:01)jmarshall Wrote: I suspect there is more than one "crash" here. Those that work fine at first but then fail to start after a crash while playing video is quite different.

The Aeon Nox issue is because the Textures.xbt is corrupt for some reason and causes a crash - it'll crash every time, while the other issue (crash during playback of video or some such, then failure to load XBMC after that) will work fine after a reboot of your OS.

can only speak for myself but mine crashed during a film (very strangely too) and changing the textures file fixed it
attention
Skin installation from repo should be fixed again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox causing XBMC (RC3) to crash?0