• 15(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
I just wanted to ask (until a updated version of the guide comes out for Gotham) if users still have to disable the tv shows and movie menus.
Only if you want to have everything separated.

If you don't disable them in one way or another, you'll have both categories (whatever they may be) showing in the 'main' movies and TV show buttons.

That would seem to defeat the purpose, but, nevertheless, it isn't integral to the process that you do.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-06-21, 16:05)Samu-rai Wrote: Only if you want to have everything separated.

If you don't disable them in one way or another, you'll have both categories (whatever they may be) showing in the 'main' movies and TV show buttons.

That would seem to defeat the purpose, but, nevertheless, it isn't integral to the process that you do.

I see... It's still a bit confusing, especially with things being changed a lot in the Gotham build.

So if I wanted my TV shows separate from my anime tv shows, I'd have to disable the regular tv show button and create separate buttons for tv shows and anime tv shows, am I correct?

It's just that I thought the 'my menu' option was supposed to fix this problem?
That's correct.

In terms of smart playlists, I don't believe anything has changed with Gotham.

'My Menu' is meant to be used to easily access specific addons, favorites etc.

(2014-06-21, 17:00)Samu-rai Wrote: That's correct.

In terms of smart playlists, I don't believe anything has changed with Gotham.

'My Menu' is meant to be used to easily access specific addons, favorites etc.

Ah, I see. If I disabled the tv and movie buttons and created separate buttons for them along with the other buttons for the other categories and created separate playlists to add to the 'My Menu' options, would that work? (One 'My Menu' for each playlist which would then be attached to each button if that makes sense)
Not sure I follow you.

Most people just add the playlists to their home screen bar, so it acts just like any other button would. You select 'Anime Movies' and your taken directly to all the associated content.

Hi Samu-rai,

I realise this is an old thread and my issue may not be related at all, but wondered if you could help.

I've had my setup, with your help, for quite some time now with a preset for myself and the wife and a separate preset for the kids with smart playlists for their movies etc...

Long story short, I decided to reinstall from scratch ude to performance issues and re-did my playlists etc... all works ok except the widget showing recently added movies etc... shows up for "Movies" but not for my smart playlist "Kids Movies" - it is enabled in skin settings/widgets - video playlist. This previously worked fine and showed the number of watched/unwatched kids movies below as well, but now shows nothing. Also not there for the "Kids TV Shows" equivalent. Just can't see what I've done differently.

As I said, I realise it may be the widget and not completely relevant to this thread, but also thought there might be something obvious that I may have done for these to not show up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Buff

TBH it could be a million and 1 things. Without seeing your system it is almost impossible to know what.

Do you have the 'random and last items script' installed?

Hi Samu-rai,

Thanks for your reply - I have the widgets script installed I believe - random, in progress and recently added all work when I'm in my Main preset, just not the Kids preset.

I seem to have a few issues though - when in a library the view will automatically change itself from Right List back to Wide at random times and Kodi freezes on exit - so I may reinstall next week and start again.

Not the thread for it, but does MQ6 work on Isengard do you know? If so, I may upgrade to Isengard, donate and upgrade to MQ6 at the same time.

Thanks for your help
Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

You can run it on Helix too though.

Any suggestions for a skin that can do this that will play nice on a Rasp Pi running OpenELEC?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3