Release Integration plugin - LIFX Theater experience
Sounds good!
I have it somewhat working.. I will start a new thread when it's closer to finished. I'm new to Python and not exactly an avid programmer..

I have some ideas.. but currently Lifx only offer a beta API where everyone needs to get their own API key.. which also currently means either inputting it into XBMC config (which I'm still to figure out) or going into the script and entering the API Key in the script yourself as well as the group you want affected.

They do tell me that soon will come the ability to enter your cloud login and password which will make things far easier. But for now.. It somewhat works and I've been using it for the past week in a very rudimentary kind of way.
Cool, keep us posted. Smile
My release: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222594
Hi guys... Sorry it's taken me awhile but I've finally fixed the issue where if you selected a single bulb and used the set 'label' instead of 'group'.

Found it was causing an array error with the way the Lifx API was sending the JSON request... it's not exactly thought out very well IMHO.

Please test it out and let me know how it goes.. I have updated it in the GIT repo.
Question 
This is bumping a pretty old post, but as this is the only Lifx plugin I've found that "just works" with no complications and it's simple enough for me to understand it - so it's the one that I've been using & it's brilliant so thank you!

I've been tweaking it over the past day or so to my preference, but I've hit a dead end and I don't know if what I want to do is possible (for me) to do & as I'm a complete newbie at the scripting thing, I can read things and figure out what they do with some trial/error but that's my limit.

Anyway, I've been editing the service.py file to change the light from a blue tint to yellow tint (3500k to be exact) and increased some timers so it dims slower at the start, and when the film ends the lights slowly come back up (but still fast for when paused/stopped) and it's almost perfect, but I'm left with one problem & that's is when I want to casually watch a TV Show my room gets plunged into darkness, so is it possible for the settings to only apply when playing a Movie?

Side note, as I'm new I also apologise if editing the files which clearly SultanMA has gone to the effort of making causes any offence.
Unfortunately the test to determine what your are watching returns the same value as a movie. It checks for an episode number so it can tell you have a TV series you are watching and not a movie. But live TV doesn't have an episode number so it thinks it's a movie. Not too much i think you can do about it.
It works for me too but I have a group of bulb (6 of them) and only one react as expected
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
It's quite possible becuase it's using the old beta version of the LIFX API... it can easily be reqritten to use the new API without too much trouble.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integration plugin - LIFX Theater experience1