Adding an IR Receiver
I've read a really good artical here http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=5549 on how to connect and use an IR receiver with RASBMC. Does anybody know if this is applicable to OpenELEC? Or if there is an alternative guide anywhere?
i just use a mce remote/receiver combo from HP... plug and play.
I just buy these - they work great with OpenELEC on x86 and Raspberry Pi, and are in the Harmony database if you have one of those.

Building your own IR receiver would make sense if you already have the remote control, but to be honest for the cost involved I'm not really sure I could be bothered.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The cost?? It's under $2.00
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-01-09, 06:17)Dilligaf Wrote: The cost?? It's under $2.00

I mean the cost of buying a ready made IR receiver (with/without remote).

I've got an account with a component electronics company, you'll probably pay more in shipping than the cost of the component itself. Then you have to faff around finding a suitable connector (or solder direct to the GPIO pins - nice), plus getting it to work with the GPIOs etc. Or you could just plug in a known-to-work USB dongle... :-)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yeah, but to me the tinkering IS the fun part, and in Raspbmc at least it is plug n play. I have plenty of old cd audio and other jumpers laying around to get connectors from.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I bought one last night after seeing this thread get bumped again. So very awesome.
(2013-01-09, 05:32)MilhouseVH Wrote: I just buy these - they work great with OpenELEC on x86 and Raspberry Pi, and are in the Harmony database if you have one of those.

Building your own IR receiver would make sense if you already have the remote control, but to be honest for the cost involved I'm not really sure I could be bothered.

Are these easy to set-up on a Pi with OpenELEC?
(2013-01-09, 12:58)Daveb500 Wrote: Are these easy to set-up on a Pi with OpenELEC?

Yes, just plug it in. If you want to customise the buttons, create a custom remote.xml and drop it in .xbmc/userdata/keymaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding an IR Receiver0