Solved Frodo RC3: empty information window
Hello everyone!

sometimes the information window (the window that appears when I press the info button on an item such as a movie) opens empty. Whenever this happens, it won't ever come back, it will always stay this way. I have to restart XBMC (I do this by sudo restart lightdm as I am on XBMC buntu). Then the information window will work again. I am using the default Confluence Skin.

I activated the debug log but I see nothing suspicious here.

Any suggestions how I might investigate this issue further?
Yes I noticed this too. Black with nothing on it and is reproducible @RC3

Press info a few time in a row even when window is just opening, 3 times does it...

Go ahead and mark this as a BUG featurette.

uNi
confirmed.
could you please create a ticket on trac?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for your feedback! I will create a ticket this evening!
Too late

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13923

just add debug log and screenshot please.

uNi
thank you for your effort uNiversal! I attached the debug log and a screenshot to the ticket
Thanks for submitting the log and screenshot its pretty much what I get. Though its not XBMCbuntu related its obviously XBMC.

uNi
I wonder if this bug is really linux-specific or occurs on other platforms as well. could someone confirm it?
Yes it is also happens in Windows.

It is a XBMC problem not a OS problem. Ill try to add that info to bugtracker.

uNi
Ok it has been fixed by jmarshall by commit http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/60b0ee01a...52efb0d2b7

Thx jm Big Grin

@enolive now you have to either wait until RC4 or if you compile like I do enjoy the fix. Thread can be marked solved then?

uNi

tried it out with version from git. It seems to work, I cannot trigger the bug anymore. Again thanks for your support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC3: empty information window0