Recommend me a tuner card
A tuner card (PCIe) that absolutely positively definitely reliably works with OpenELEC.
It's got to have two HD tuners so I can record one channel and watch another.
Gotta work in Australia.

I've got a Hauppauge HVR-2210 in the box at the moment and I just can't get it to work. No-one seems to be able to tell me what to do to get it going and the box just has to work, so I need something that works right away.

Any suggestions?
Not pcie but my Playstation PlayTV has been rock solid, plug and play and thats it. Ive had it for over a year and highly recommend it.Ive gone through leadtek winfast golds + asus u3100 mini plus because of reliability issues. And to top it off its the only sony product ive ever seen that has a usb cable thats actually long enough to use!

EDIT: I noticed your aussie (not that it really matters) but the whirlpool linux forums have plenty of posts to back up my claims..
Thanks but it's got to be a PCIe card.
FWIW, This is what I use in the US, http://www.amazon.com/SiliconDust-HDHome...B004HO58SO. It should work in Australia, and it has two tuners. The advantage with hdhomerun is that it will be on your network and available to more than one device.
Thanks but it's got to be a PCIe card.
Fair enough, I still suggest you try whirlpools linux forums, loads of info there about this sorta thing and because its aussie, theres a good chance youll be suggested something that can be purchased locally and will work here.
Thanks, I'll try there as well.
I tried Whirlpool and they suggested I go here .....

C'mon please help me guys.

There must be many people here that have done it before and know the answer. Just take a minute to post it.
Yes I've looked at the various hardware recommendations but I want to find someone that can tell me the brand/name/type of card that does actually work.
I've got many hundreds of dollars of box sitting there that I can't use right now.
(2013-01-08, 15:19)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Take your pick.

Your tuner card seems like it should work. Get it working under Linux and you're golden.

Thanks .... the problem is I have no idea how to do anything in Linux sorry.
I'm happy to give it a try (I'd much prefer to keep OpenELEC rather than install Windows) but I'd need a bit of help.
I'm really keen on using OpenELEC because of the simplicity of it, and it starts in about six seconds from when I hit the button as well. I'm sure there's an answer out there, but no-one is coming forwards with it.
Oh well I'll have to give Windows a run and see how it goes.

Another option is to just spend more money (yay, I REALLY like doing that!) and get a tuner card that is supposed to work.
The Wiki (http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...uner_Cards) says the DVBSky S952 card works and it's not difficult or too expensive to get one - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/All-disco...54062.html

What do you guys reckon?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommend me a tuner card0