Win B_Scott's HTPC Build
Just built an HTPC for video streaming on Jan 1st. Had an SSD, bluray drive, and Win7 already so it seemed like a no-brainer. Only cost like $270 otherwise.

CPU: AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Processor

MOBO: ASRock FM2 A75 Mini-ITX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

SSD: Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB SATA 6 Gb/s 2.5-Inch

CASE + PSU: MI-008 Tower Black P4 Chassis w/250W ITX PSU + SATA

Bluray: LITE-ON Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X

Windows 7 Ultimate

Bluetooth and Wifi adapter (but hard wired once installed)

IR: Manta IR Receiver

Installing Windows.....

Using a Logitech keyboard here - http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-...B005DKZTMG

Set it up with XMBC and WMC - but I think I like XBMC better. Video quality is better and it bistreams HD audio perfectly.

My source is a Synology 1512+ NAS with 12TB of storage.
I would steer clear of that CPU/mobo combo. My mobo burned out (others have set on fire according to some forums around the web). Been struggling like hell to find a replacement mobo that is mini-itx and FM2. They're on extreme short supply right now, MSI is the only other one making boards and their manufacturer is lagging and they haven't a clue when they'll really be resupplied.
Thanks for the advice, but it's already built and running well. Hope nothing bad happens.
i use that exact same keyboard love it very responsive and has good range.
Htpc A6-3500,Gygabyte GA-A75M-D2H,Samsung 830 64gb ssd,GSkills ripjaws 2x4gb,Apevia xmaster case with 500w psu,
Asus black internal bluray drive,logitech k400 wireless keyboard.
yeah I like it. I've had issues though if it's near another device - the mouse starts to get wonky. I have to close my laptop otherwise it interferes.

I might look into a second fan inside so it doesn't burn up
Have you done the 120mm fan on the side trick yet? It just snaps right in where the 2nd drive can go. Make sure you keep those VRMs cool.
No - that's where I have my drive though... Hmmm
funnily enough, looking back at this thread - my mobo caught fire and was replaced with a v2 version by the manufacturer. Bad hardware.

However my case, PSU, CPU, and Motherboard are different now and I added a Radeon 270x card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
B_Scott's HTPC Build0