No back or menu using CEC
Ive just recently setup openelec and xbmc on rapsberry Pi. It is networked to my PC. I am using it with my LG TV simplink function which allows HDMI CEC. But I have no option to go BACK or select Menu? Ive done a lot of searching and found that you can use Stop+ Select for back and Stop+pause for menu but this doesnt work.

Ive read a lot about libcec files and rpd-cec files and keymapping etc but I dont know whats current and what isnt.
I could ftp into my atv2 and change files but Cant seem to ftp into my RPI.

Can someone please explain to me what the best way is to update my libcec or rpi-cec file or whatever I need to do to get a back and a menu option working on xbmc?

Thanks heaps.
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
On my Samsung TV remote, I have the back and menu buttons, but I also have an "exit" button.

The back and menu buttons don't seem to do anything, but the exit button does the "back" function in XBMC.

If you're using one of the nightly builds of openelec, then ssh is disabled by default, however there are posts on how to enable this (i think its connect to the SMB share and create an empty text file called "enable_ssh" then you should be able to SSH into the Pi)
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
I managed to get ssh working and followed another guide on the openelec forums to change a file in xbmc which allowed a combination of buttons to work on my LG remote. Now Stop + Ok takes me to the home screen and Stop+pause (pressed one after the other) takes me back one step.
I have the same problem. LG TV and only some buttons of remote work.

What have you exactly done to activate the workaround solution?
i would like to know this as well, as i have the same problem. also lg tv.
I cant find the post at the moment, but I think I have bookmarked it on my PC at home so will find it and link for you guys. From memory I just uploaded a new config.txt file supplied by someone on openelec forums.
Sorry gents I cant find it. I just replaced a file in the rpi which the poster linked to over on the openelec forums. It was either remote.xml or lircmap. The thread had a lot of pages maybe 7 or more so just keep searching. I thought I book marked it but didnt. Ive done so much on the rpi lately Im not sure exactly what it was I did.
all you need to do is edit the
Code:
.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

the easy way to edit the file from Windows is to use WinSCP http://winscp.net/eng/index.php and than just edit the file
hope this helps you a bit
Cool
Thats what I must have done then but downloaded a copy of remote.xml from someone who had already set it up to work with the LG remotes.
The combinations stop+ok and stop+pause work out of the box. For mapping *one* button (e.g. rewind or fast forward) to back or menu, you can edit the remote.xml.
how do i find out what buttons on my lg remote do what?
and how can i change them /add more? by editing the remote.xml?
what part do i need to edit?

currently i have my Pi running OpenELEC
the lg remote can scroll through menus press enter go back and use the start stop etc but how can i select and item as watched? or right click etc?
This is for Openelec

Determine what button you would like to use. Find out the "keyname of that button"

by this.

1/------Enable debug logging---
SYstem --> Settings --> System --> Debugging --> Check Enable debug logging

2/------SSH into your Pi and type in this command---
Code:
tail -F /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | grep OnKey
Now any button you press you should get some output. This is the Output when I press my green button.
17:04:30 T:3041878016 DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-alt-a (5f041) pressed, action is

(note you might have different output or have more than one output..Some remotes do that all we are interested is the part after "OnKey" namely ctrl-alt-a. My remote is treated like a keyboard, thats why I get control and alt buttons being recognised. Your remote might just say button green. It doesn't matter, just make note of the OnKey (ctrl-alt-a))

So in the keyname I need to type ctrl-alt-a. But the way to write that properly is like this
a mod="ctrl,alt"

If my keyname was a for example I just use
a

Or if it was control+a I would use
a mod="ctrl"

(The way I made it fit was download keyboard.xml (/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml) and have a look at the structure and you should get it.)

Now

3/---Create a file name it keyboard.xml inside it put in this---
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<keyname>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</keyname>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
replace the word keyname with the keyname you got from your ssh. For an example if I found out the keyname was green

this will be my end file

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<green>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</green>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
8/-----Save as keyboard.xml and put inside /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps (I use sftp like filezilla for linux.
Reboot and you should get your button mapped to favourites.

All the credits are for MediaPi
i read that you need to use <remote> not <keyboard>? and people are talking about remote.xml not keyboard.xml
i couldnt seem to get it to work although i didnt reboot maybe i should of
most of the stuff works already but when in the menus i want right click (contextmenu)?
i already have a keyboard.xml and its setup for my keyboard

i tried that command but it was slightly different to what you posted maybe that one will work

edit:
that command worked i got

Code:
                           result                  button  i pressed     what it achieved    
234 (ea) pressed, action is Play                        Play  
230 (e6) pressed, action is Pause                 Pause    
166 (a6) pressed, action is BigStepForward     up
167 (a7) pressed, action is BigStepBack        down
169 (a9) pressed, action is StepBack        left
168 (a8) pressed, action is StepForward        right
11 (0b) pressed, action is OSD                     ok
menu (d8) pressed, action is Back                back
pause (dd) pressed, action is skipprevious     Rewind                  playlist back    
sleep (df) pressed, action is skipnext                  FF                    playlist forward

how do i add this to the file?
i want the Rewind button to display the context menu when in the menus but other than that leave everything else as is as it works the way i want?

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<pause (dd)>ContextMenu</pause (dd)>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
?
LG TV remote does not transmit the return / exit button code. But you can use blue key - code "Pause". 
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<pause>PreviousMenu</pause>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No back or menu using CEC0