Req Disable power options, only allow exit.
Since I use XBMC as normal application on my computer (meaning: not standalone) I would like to disable the power options like shutdown, reboot, suspend. Using the Confluence skin, I can that for instance the shutdown button is only displayed if System.canPowerDown=yes.
I guess this is determined when XBMC starts. Is it possible to implement an override so that the user can decide System.canPowerDown=no?
Just edit ShutdownMenu in the xmls and delete the unwanted entries
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2013-01-08, 14:25)mad-max Wrote: Just edit ShutdownMenu in the xmls and delete the unwanted entries

I assume you are referring to DialogButtonMenu.xml in the skin folder, however this still allows XBMC to shutdown by for example the web interface. It is also a rather hacky way of doing it, since with every update (I am on Linux) the skin folder will be overwritten and you have to do the proces again. I am looking for something more user friendly and permanent. For example a switch you can use when you're starting xbmc, like `xbmc -nopm` which should disable all power management options
We still have not an option to disable all PM from Kodi?

I don't want Kodi to be able to control the host operating system in any way
We still have not an option to disable all PM from Kodi?

we still don't want Kodi to be able to control the host operating system in any way
IIRC, if you set the default shutdown action in the GUI to 'Exit', close Kodi, then copy the <shutdownstate> (?) tag from guisettings.xml to advancedsettings.xml, then it will remove the option of power down from the GUI and Kodi will only ever Exit and won't power off

(Not near a PC to confirm this, but I think that's how I did it before)
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable power options, only allow exit.0