Play .mkv's that are 2in1, in XBMC?
(2013-03-17, 00:57)Csimbi Wrote: What does it have to do with FFmpeg?

FFmpeg is the heart of our video player.
This is a bummer, lots of encodes do this. Scene encodes of Aliens, for example, is Director's Cut by default, which has all the lame stuff happening on the colony before the marines ever show up. No way to play the theatrical cut with XBMC. Same goes for I Am Legend, but in that case it defaults to the theatrical version and not the superior alternate ending.

I don't know of any way to remux so that we only see the version we want and in any case that's hardly an ideal solution.
Anyone know if the ffmpeg 1.2 in Gotham does this? I don't know exactly what I'm looking for in the changelog.
I think XBMC just plays one track after the other when it sees two video tracks. I'm not sure, since I don't have such a video to test with. Even with FFmpeg support, XBMC would still need some tweaking for the settings/controls to choose a video track. I don't know if there are any plans for this for Gotham.
Gotham does indeed just play the tracks one after the other, I would love to see this implemented as I have several files with multiple cuts of the same movie.
IMHO, this is the only really missing feature of XBMC yet years go by without news.

I hope it can be implemented one day, and in a way that you decide which track to play at the beginning of the movie - so there would be no interruption while playing...
(2014-06-13, 01:37)jas722 Wrote: Gotham does indeed just play the tracks one after the other, I would love to see this implemented as I have several files with multiple cuts of the same movie.

Have only tried this on TV shows:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._bookmarks

But maybe it can be applied to films too?
Agreed, this is a feature that should really be integrated into XBMC. Have a bunch of 2in1 and 3in1 mkv movies, and it would be great if we could choose what version to see in XBMC.
(2009-09-08, 09:00)soder Wrote: Some .mkv's are made with both standard and ext-cut in the same file.

Is it possible for XBMC to choose those things? Or can it be made?

Thanks.

/Söder

Is this something that's working in Kodi now?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play .mkv's that are 2in1, in XBMC?2