Additional User Category For Videos\Media
I suspect this may be skin-dependent, but I'm curious to know if anyone knows of an elegant solution for this, and if not, to formally request it...

My Kodi setup has all of my household media imported. What I'd like to do is have a category (similar to watched\unwatched\all) where I can mark certain shows, movies and music as "owned" by a person and then switch to a list just for that person. So in other words, my wife and I watch different shows, so I want to categorize by "my shows\wife's shows\all shows" and then map a button to switch between them (as I've done with watched\unwatched\all). Even better would be if those shows could be listed with some kind of marking (different colour, an icon, etc.) - although, again, I suspect that would be skin-related.)

Any suggestions?
Have a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles it might offer some of the functionality you want.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Couldn't this be achieved with smart playlist and a skin that offers custom home menu?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-02-12, 10:24)smitchell6879 Wrote: Couldn't this be achieved with smart playlist and a skin that offers custom home menu?
As long as you don't want separate watched lists, yes.
Profiles look like they may be overly complex for what I'm trying to accomplish, but I'll look into smart playlists since I don't need separate watched lists - just some way to differentiate between different shows. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional User Category For Videos\Media0