Win Same (incorrect) fanart for lots of artists. (SOLVED)
Same (incorrect) fanart for lots of artists.

system: Frodo RC3, windows 7 64bit
skin: confluence

The fanart being displayed for some of my artists is always an image from one of my Star Trek video folders! This happened on my last installation (Eden), and when I switched to Frodo RC3, I did a completely clean install, deleting my appdata folder, but it still does it! Some artists display correct artwork, but others display the Star Trek picture. Those that have no 'fanart.jpg' in the folder display nothing, as is normal.

Would a log file help? I had a look at the log file but I couldn't see anything relevant.

Just have a look in the art table of the database for the image file - you can do a match against artistid to find the exact artist (check artist table, get artistid, match to art table where type="artist")
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-01-08, 18:20)Corpus_Chain Wrote: Same (incorrect) fanart for lots of artists.

system: Frodo RC3, windows 7 64bit
skin: confluence

The fanart being displayed for some of my artists is always an image from one of my Star Trek video folders! This happened on my last installation (Eden), and when I switched to Frodo RC3, I did a completely clean install, deleting my appdata folder, but it still does it! Some artists display correct artwork, but others display the Star Trek picture. Those that have no 'fanart.jpg' in the folder display nothing, as is normal.

I've had this exact experience. Had to go through my thumbnail cache deleted dozens of those. I think it is due to a scraper or maybe artwork downloader that somehow when something isn't found gets that image as a default. Since then I only use my own nfo files and am very careful with artwork downloader.

scott s.

maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Ah, I figured it out. That particular image was saved as fanart.jpg in the absolute parent folder of my media. I deleted it.

location of music: M:/MP3 Collection
location of image: M:/fanart.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Same (incorrect) fanart for lots of artists. (SOLVED)0