REQ: Help to Remap Remote (Pulse Eight HDMI CEC)
Hi,

I have a Panasonic Viera TV which is connected to by HTPC (Asrock 330HT-BD) running OpenElec through a Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC USB Adapter. Now the CEC functions works however the mapping of the keys is a little inconvenient for my taste, thus I would like to remap them. As far as I understand I need to put a remote.xml into my .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ folder. I have obtained a standard from here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Eden/s...remote.xml

OK, fine. However I can't seem to figure out how change certain buttons behavior. 2 examples. I would like to Power-On and Shut Down my HTPC using the lowest red power button in this photo (row 3 from bottom leftmost)

http://photos.expertreviews.co.uk/images...213_52.jpg

Furthermore I would like the now "TV Channel Switching buttons" (next to the volume button) to be Right (Down) and Left (Up) Instead of having to use the wheel at the top.

Are these requests possible?

I have tried to locate the Key id's using the debug mode in XBMC, however when pressing any of the keys in the bottom 3 rows nothing shows up. In contrary pressing other keys gives a signal like:

"PushCecKeypress - received key a8 duration 0
OnKey: 168 (a8) pressed, action is Right"

I'm guesing the 168 here is the key-id. This key corresponds to the right key in the wheel.
First, let me say that I am not an expert - and that what I'm about to say is conjecture.
I do own a Pulse-Eight CEC adapter, but to be honest I never even installed it since it is quite limited in what it can do compared to a Harmony.
If I understand correctly, you do not have an IR receiver on your XBMC box - it only gets commands via CEC. Is that correct?
If so, you might be out of luck. In that setup this is the sequence of events:
1. You press a button on your remote
2. The remote sends an IR signal out of it's emitter
3. The television receives the signal and decodes it
4. The TV either operates on the requested operation, or forwards it out on the CEC bus (or both)

If in step #4 your TV decides not to forward the operation to CEC, then that's the end of the road. XBMC has no way of knowing you've pressed a button if the TV doesn't forward it.
Again, this is speculation and is based on the topology I specified above - I could be completely wrong.
Thank you for your Input.

My XBMC Box does have a IR receiver, actually it got a separate remote I just one to use the TV Remote instead Smile However you might be right about the sequence of events Sad Hope someone from Pulse-Eight can give a hint
Did you ever find a solution ?

I also have a Panasonic Viera VT60

With USB-CEC, most of the buttons work out of the box except for the "info" button (it pops up an information window from the TV's menu instead of showing movie's information instead of opening xbmc's info menu (as when you press "i"))

How can i remap the info button, or use another button to toggle xbmc's info menu ?
First step - get a debug log of hitting that button and see if it shows up on XBMC at all.

However if the button has a function on the TV, I doubt the TV is ever going to pass the command through to another device. But I too find it confusing.

Have you read http://kodi.wiki/view/CEC [1] and http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/faq ?

[1] in particular the bit
Quote: CEC uses the remote.xml keymap, so using that XML file will allow you to customize most buttons.

You can also use the debug log to see what the buttons are named for that keymap file. See keymap for more information.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply

Where can i see the debug log ?

Quote:However if the button has a function on the TV, I doubt the TV is ever going to pass the command through to another device. But I too find it confusing.
Ok that's what i thought.

Anyway, after i can setup my TV remote to use XBMC, i will learn the buttons on a different universal remote. So it doesn't matter which buttons are used, i just need a button to toggle Info dialog.

My TV remote has colored buttons (red, green, blue and yellow buttons). For example, the blue button will open the "image" section of XBMC.
How can i remap this button to toggle INFO dialog instead ?

I checked the wiki, but there is no remote.xml file. I think it is replaced by keyboard.xml in the new XBMC version.
So i opened my keyboard.xml file, but i could not find a <remote> section.
I tried adding this just to do a test:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <blue>Stop</blue>
    <1>Stop</1>
    <info>Info</info>
    </remote>

But it still doesn't work.
Blue button will keep opening the "image" section, the info button still doesn't work, and pressing "1" does nothing.

A search for "blue" in wordpad gives no other result in keyboard.xml so i don't understand where it is configured
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, got it.

I pressed info button a couple of time, then pressed on the blue button and tried pressing "1" button. And this is the log i got:

Quote:03:02:59 T:2244 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.
03:02:59 T:2244 DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
03:03:02 T:2184 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::GetMappingForDevice - device (2548:1002) mapped to Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter (type = cec)
03:03:09 T:3776 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
03:03:09 T:3776 DEBUG: CAESinkDirectSound:Big Grineinitialize: Cleaning up
03:03:09 T:3776 DEBUG: Suspended the Sink
03:03:12 T:2184 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripherals::GetMappingForDevice - device (2548:1002) mapped to Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter (type = cec)
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 4 times.
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - >> 04:44:71
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Playback 1 (4): user control pressed (44)
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - key pressed: F1 (blue) (71)
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter:TongueushCecKeypress - received key fe duration 0
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - making Playback 1 (4) the active source
03:03:32 T:1380 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - marking the adapter as active source
Ok got another problem now...

I read in another thread that i had to press the following keys to activate the play/pause buttons on my tv remote
Quote:*Power* + *7*, *3*, *Stop*

Did that, and now the remote doesn't work at all in XBMC. Can't even use the arrows keypad or the OK button.

Any idea how to fix this ? Sad
Here's the debug log related to my last post.... none of the buttons are working anymore Sad

http://pastebin.com/uiUn4F4y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQ: Help to Remap Remote (Pulse Eight HDMI CEC)0