ARCHOS TV Connect
So who wants to go flood the ARCHOS facebook page with requests for XBMC? Their facebook rep just said something about their included media player being better than XBMC... https://www.facebook.com/Archosworldwide...1892923464
lol
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I like that its something different than just the "generic same as every other android set top box" devices that have been springing up all over.
It could possibly have a bit more user friendly setup and interface for those unfamiliar with XBMC.
The learning curve for configuring an XBMC install is far less steep than it was even 2 or 3 years ago but you still have to have a lot of technical aptitude to get the most out of XBMC.
However, a dumb down MC program to make for an easier out of box experience doesn't mean its a superior program and to make any claim to the contrary would be a big mistake on their
part and help to doom their product before its even launched.

From my experience XBMC looks pretty basic to the untrained eye. It's only when you invest some time in reading the Wiki and forum you start to encover all it's mysteries. This person clearly not.
This is interesting. they really don't know what they are trying to campare to, do they?? the hardware looks like it could be a decent option so long as xbmc is compatible. :-)
Did they ever used XBMC?

Their player is good but it's a video player nothing more.

If XBMC worked on the TV Connect I'll be buying one Wink

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
LOL!! - oh dear.. interesting to see that this is the direction that ARCHOS have went in as it's very similar to what I cobbled together for myself.. for my media streamer/Android TV box - I bought a HiMedia Q5 with a Cideko Air Mouse controller!!.. except mine has the added bonus of actually running XBMC!! Smile

HiMedia Q5 Media Box:

Cideko Airmouse:

Or Cideko also do a more gaming focused air mouse which looks similar to the ARCHOS one!:
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
Lol really? A keyboard on a gaming controller? That thing must be so uncomfortable to hold.
(2013-01-13, 12:43)Begall Wrote: Lol really? A keyboard on a gaming controller? That thing must be so uncomfortable to hold.

yep - some kind of hybrid thing.. I couldn't see the point of it either which is why I just went for the air keyboard and mouse! Smile
Apple iMac 27" Mid 2010 Model (3.2 GHZ Intel i3 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / ATi HD 5670) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
HiMedia Q5 Android TV Box/media streamer = running non-neon XBMC Frodo RC2
ASUS Padfone 2 (64GB with Padstation) = running XBMC Frodo RC2
If this is true it will probably run XBMC also...

http://liliputing.com/2013/01/closer-loo...video.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMAP#OMAP_4

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
FYI they now also released their player software as an Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...nter.video
Looks quite nice, based on the screenshots. Hope someone makes a youtube video walkthrough.
They released a free version of the player also. It's very nice.
It pulls metadata for the videos and reads xbmc .nfo's Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCHOS TV Connect0