New iMac, Logitech Harmony & XBMC
Well im a bit stuck, hense i thought i would ask you guys on here.

I used to have a 2011 iMac with XBMC so perfectly, i could use the Apple Remote to control it.

However, i have now changed my setup completely.

I now have a 2012 iMac so i no longer have a built in IR receiver.

My question is, is there an IR receiver out there that will definitely work with Mountain Lion, XBMC & Logitech Harmony One+ Universal remote?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Flirc
Does it definitely work with the Logitech harmony One+?
and i cant seem to find whether its available in the UK either
It's basically a universal IR catcher. The only issues I heard that it has is with some Windows MCE remotes. As long as the Logitech Harmony One+ can output IR that most TVs catch, I would call it a very safe bet. Not sure about a UK seller, but maybe ask on their forums and see if anyone is selling any there.

It's a bit pricer than some other IR receivers, but it's very versatile, the only one off hand that I know works for Mac OS X. It will work with anything that can use a USB keyboard, and requires no additional software to be used on the device itself. It has a configuration utility that does need to run on Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, but after that those settings are saved on the device. It emulates a USB keyboard and can learn just about any IR remote control signal/button. The configuration software is crazy easy to use, and has XBMC "presets" for programming buttons.

There's a great write up linked on this page from another XBMC user: Flirc (wiki).

I've bought one myself and I really really like it.
Brilliant, thanks for your help, ill head over there to enquire!
I can only confirm what Ned has already said. I use Flirc on a MacMini with a Harmony controller and am very happy with the setup. My only gripe is that I have to quit XBMC before I switch everything off for Flirc to reliably wake the mini from sleep when I switch everything on again.
Thanks Jopie, i ordered a Flirc so im sure it will be better than nothing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New iMac, Logitech Harmony & XBMC0