XeeBo (Frodo) Discussion, Bugs, etc
Is there a way to change the font color or modify in the episode index page in particular the word episode 1: and so on. I've been getting complaints that its to confusing to read the episode title.
maybe you could add an library update button under extras on home screen. would be a simple and nice improvement in my opinion.
(2013-02-28, 22:20)fouad796 Wrote: Just wanted to say this is the best skin formated for tv display a big thanks for the hard working. Just one addition would it be possible to add addons shortcut in the home screen .where its says random items or recent played etc...
Use 'Custom Items' and add what you want.
(2013-03-04, 20:54)tennisbgc Wrote: Can you add the season number to the tv show episode names, I like to flatten all my shows and when doing that its difficult to tell what season I'm on. Also can you add an option to be able to disable recently added tv shows/movies cause I really dont like how the tv shows look on the homepage (episode image instead of poster art).
I'll change it to SxE for next release.
(2013-03-04, 21:51)tennisbgc Wrote: another issue I've noticed is clicking on the read more button during playback doesn't do anything but the info key does. Also when you click the info key during playback can the info take up less of the screen?
Fixed for next release.
(2013-03-06, 21:01)tennisbgc Wrote: thanks, also I noticed if I goto videos and then files it takes me to my scraped library but if I go to videos and then library I can go the actual files and any sources I have added.
Works fine for me and no-one else has ever reported it not working correctly. Got any screenshots?
(2013-03-12, 23:51)fouad796 Wrote: Any way to autohide the top bar where the clock is when entrering into an addon ?
Hides for me. Screenshot?
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 1. Main menu recent items:
why does it show the tv show cover art and not the episode thumbnail?
I just added a heap of Simpsons episodes and there are 5 repeated Simpsons posters... They will remain like that for as long as I decide to add a different show, which is not often. Looks silly, and have already had 3 people ask me why there's heaps of the same picture on the home screen.
I'll add an option for thumbs.
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 2. Main menu:
I have selected to use Alyernate home menu, as I do not like the menu to be hidden. This is cool. However, I've had an earful from the mrs. and also my old man, because when they click 'videos' it changes to the video menu, but when they push 'back' on the remote nothing happens... They never figure out that you have to push 'left' .... Which I must admit, is quite silly... Considering the back button seems to work on every other menu system in your skin. This makes it non consistent and an annoyance to have to get use to. Can this be fixed by allowing 'back/backspace' to actually go back, instead of doing nothing?
Not possible as they're part of the same window. It's just like you moving right to the Options menu and expecting 'back' to take you left to the list.
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 3. Live Tv Timeline:
Scrolling the timeline works, but when you get to the bottom of the list, instead of taking you back to the top of the list, it takes you to the right hand side 'view' menu. Same happens when scrolling right to the top of the timeline. Obviously something that just needs some tinkering.
No other way around this unless you think scrolling all the way right through the timeline is a better way of accessing the menu!
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 4. Scroll Bar:
I think the scroll bar is way too small when you have a lot of titles in your library...And seems inverted when selected. Moving right to select the scroll bar turns it dark, making it even harder to see then it already is, therefore you have a hard time figuring out what you've actually selected when you push 'right' to try and move over to the views menu. I think making it bigger, or having the background strip light up with a white border when selected would be more intuitive for the users navigation experience. You can quite quickly lose your bearings when moving right to change the view etc.
I'll change the colours so it's more obvious.
Hey Hitcher, I just installed XBMC with XEEBO on a friends laptop and gave him a quick tour. Showing him some addons he said "oh, I want that on the homescreen for quick access". As it was some file/stream deep nested in an addon. So I quickly added it to favorites and thought "POC, just switch one of the 4 rows on the homescreen to favorites and you're done". But that's unfortunately not possible. I then solved it by picking custom items from my favorites, but it would be cool to be able to directly have "favorites" as an option for the homescreen rows. Is this possible?
(2013-03-17, 17:05)da-anda Wrote: Hey Hitcher, I just installed XBMC with XEEBO on a friends laptop and gave him a quick tour. Showing him some addons he said "oh, I want that on the homescreen for quick access". As it was some file/stream deep nested in an addon. So I quickly added it to favorites and thought "POC, just switch one of the 4 rows on the homescreen to favorites and you're done". But that's unfortunately not possible. I then solved it by picking custom items from my favorites, but it would be cool to be able to directly have "favorites" as an option for the homescreen rows. Is this possible?

Haha, I've just this minute asked for an update as I've been working on stuff all day. Tongue
Scrolling the timeline works, but when you get to the bottom of the list, instead of taking you back to the top of the list, it takes you to the right hand side 'view' menu. Same happens when scrolling right to the top of the timeline. Obviously something that just needs some tinkering.
No other way around this unless you think scrolling all the way right through the timeline is a better way of accessing the menu!

Hmmm....very true indeed.

Perhaps, is it possible to have it not immediately jump to view settings when you hold down the up/down keys to scroll quickly to the top/bottom of the list? Instead have it so that when you get to the top/bottom of the timeline when holding down the up/down buttons it stops, and you then have to let go and push up/down a separate time to jump to views menu?

This would stop it jumping from timeline to views menu, then scrolling though the view list at 100 miles an hour changing the screen around.

Also, in the views menu in live tv, you're missing the recordings tab. Its in the main menu, but not in live tv views menu.

Cheers loggio.
(2013-03-17, 21:03)loggio Wrote: Perhaps, is it possible to have it not immediately jump to view settings when you hold down the up/down keys to scroll quickly to the top/bottom of the list? Instead have it so that when you get to the top/bottom of the timeline when holding down the up/down buttons it stops, and you then have to let go and push up/down a separate time to jump to views menu?

This would stop it jumping from timeline to views menu, then scrolling though the view list at 100 miles an hour changing the screen around.
I can see the problem but it's not skin related.

XBMC stops in all other lists but not here for some reason. Confused
(2013-03-17, 21:03)loggio Wrote: Also, in the views menu in live tv, you're missing the recordings tab. Its in the main menu, but not in live tv views menu.
It's not meant to be in the options menu.
(2013-03-17, 11:56)Hitcher Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 22:20)fouad796 Wrote: Just wanted to say this is the best skin formated for tv display a big thanks for the hard working. Just one addition would it be possible to add addons shortcut in the home screen .where its says random items or recent played etc...
Use 'Custom Items' and add what you want.
(2013-03-04, 20:54)tennisbgc Wrote: Can you add the season number to the tv show episode names, I like to flatten all my shows and when doing that its difficult to tell what season I'm on. Also can you add an option to be able to disable recently added tv shows/movies cause I really dont like how the tv shows look on the homepage (episode image instead of poster art).
I'll change it to SxE for next release.
(2013-03-04, 21:51)tennisbgc Wrote: another issue I've noticed is clicking on the read more button during playback doesn't do anything but the info key does. Also when you click the info key during playback can the info take up less of the screen?
Fixed for next release.
(2013-03-06, 21:01)tennisbgc Wrote: thanks, also I noticed if I goto videos and then files it takes me to my scraped library but if I go to videos and then library I can go the actual files and any sources I have added.
Works fine for me and no-one else has ever reported it not working correctly. Got any screenshots?
(2013-03-12, 23:51)fouad796 Wrote: Any way to autohide the top bar where the clock is when entrering into an addon ?
Hides for me. Screenshot?
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 1. Main menu recent items:
why does it show the tv show cover art and not the episode thumbnail?
I just added a heap of Simpsons episodes and there are 5 repeated Simpsons posters... They will remain like that for as long as I decide to add a different show, which is not often. Looks silly, and have already had 3 people ask me why there's heaps of the same picture on the home screen.
I'll add an option for thumbs.
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 2. Main menu:
I have selected to use Alyernate home menu, as I do not like the menu to be hidden. This is cool. However, I've had an earful from the mrs. and also my old man, because when they click 'videos' it changes to the video menu, but when they push 'back' on the remote nothing happens... They never figure out that you have to push 'left' .... Which I must admit, is quite silly... Considering the back button seems to work on every other menu system in your skin. This makes it non consistent and an annoyance to have to get use to. Can this be fixed by allowing 'back/backspace' to actually go back, instead of doing nothing?
Not possible as they're part of the same window. It's just like you moving right to the Options menu and expecting 'back' to take you left to the list.
(2013-03-14, 08:23)loggio Wrote: 4. Scroll Bar:
I think the scroll bar is way too small when you have a lot of titles in your library...And seems inverted when selected. Moving right to select the scroll bar turns it dark, making it even harder to see then it already is, therefore you have a hard time figuring out what you've actually selected when you push 'right' to try and move over to the views menu. I think making it bigger, or having the background strip light up with a white border when selected would be more intuitive for the users navigation experience. You can quite quickly lose your bearings when moving right to change the view etc.
I'll change the colours so it's more obvious.
]thanks for the update. would it be possible to make the SxE a different font color than the episode title maybe a lighter font similar to the date font on the upper right corner, I find that it's hard to distinguish it from the episode name especially if the episode name starts with a number.

As for the file menu I'm not sure that a srceen shot would help, But if you go into xbmc without entering into anything else and goto video and then file it takes me to videos menu instead and then you have to scroll to files to get to the file menu, and sometimes the back button take me to the filtered menu (title, genre, actor, studio etc) when backing out of the tv shows or movie library.
I've changed it for next release but you'll have to wait about a week before I can push the update.
Alternatively you can download it direct - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19745842/skin.xeebo.zip

Videos > Files always goes to your actual sources
Videos > Library always goes to the video root (which includes Files as one of it's items)

It's the exact same behaviour as Confluence.
(2013-03-18, 11:23)Hitcher Wrote: I've changed it for next release but you'll have to wait about a week before I can push the update.
Alternatively you can download it direct - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19745842/skin.xeebo.zip

Videos > Files always goes to your actual sources
Videos > Library always goes to the video root (which includes Files as one of it's items)

It's the exact same behaviour as Confluence.
Awesome job plus now it looks more consistant with everything else. I understand about the file menu issue but would it be possible when your on the side menu for there to be a full scroll ex. scrolling past the last item takes you to the top or was this intentional this also happens in the menu when adding sources. Also I unchecked :use poster instead of thumb" but I'm still getting posters for resently added tv shows. Again nice job much appreciated.
When using the amazon and hulu addons by bluecop I have some issues. When in the amazon addon if I go into a show instead of it saying season 1 and so on it just says the name of the show so it makes it tough to figure out what season is which. And with the hulu addon episodes are displaying 1x1 and so on twice so it looks like this 1x1 1x1 - episode title.I checked with the confluence skin and this is not an issue but let me know if this is a skin or addon related issue.
hitcher,

The option you added to show posters instead of thumbs for tv shows does not work on the Alternate menu.
Also, Live TV in in home menu takes you directly to channels list instead of bringing up a sub menu item to select between TV, RADIO, EPG OR RECORDINGS. However, it works properly when accessed from any screen other than home
Hitcher,

One thing i've noticed using live TV. If you're using a plugin that supports timeshift, your live tv OSD does not show the fast forward rewind buttons... Only pause/play.

Cheers,
loggio.
I've also noticed that in live-tv channel list, there is no indication on a channel in the list if it is currently being recorded. Most skins display a rec icon on the list item if it is currently recording. You have this in the timeline view, but not in the channel list view.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Another bug,
theres no mute icon... if i change the volume to 0 by pushing '-' on keyboard, the icon does not show up as Muted, nor does the icon reflect the current volume state, it just stays static. Same happens when selecting mute on the remote.

Cheers,
Loggio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XeeBo (Frodo) Discussion, Bugs, etc0