Subtitles not working
Hi folks hope all is well,

I'm having some issues with my subtitle add-on. I'll start you at the beginning in case the issue stems from somewhere there.

I use one computer in the house a my media center and basically all it does is use xbmc and browse the internet. Anywho it crashed a few days ago so I had to format the drive and reinstall windows as well as download and reinstall xbmc. I installed the Frodo version but then decided I wanted the 'cinema experience' add-on so switched back to 'Eden'. Anyways everything works fine except the subtitle add-on. It will say it's downloading from 'Open Subtitle' and then flash back to my movie but no subtitles are there. Other subtitles sources such as Pdnapsi come up with an error message. I though perhaps it wasn't the add-on but subtitles themselves so I tested an mkv file but the subtitles worked fine for that. I scrolled the internet for a while but couldn't find anything the answered my issue so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. One more thing I think the version I had before it crashed was the one before Eden and I'm also using the skin Aeon Nox if that makes any difference. Please help me out with any suggestions as my father is partly death and the lack of subtitles is really quite annoying.

Thanks,

Luke
Lovely story... Debug Log?
I think I figured it out, thanks anyway.
Scrap that still having issues, would be great for some help.

I think i uploaded this right, http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27417
(2013-01-11, 08:27)Potatoman5 Wrote: Scrap that still having issues, would be great for some help.

I think i uploaded this right, http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27417

Code:
17:22:43 T:3324   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-utilities] - vfs module copy C:\Documents and Settings\XMBC\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xbmc.subtitles\sub_tmp\1952150187.srt -> smb://LUKE-PC/Movies/Training Day (2001).en.srt
17:22:43 T:3324   DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\LUKE-PC\Movies with username() and password(XXXX)
17:22:43 T:3324   ERROR: CWINFileSMB: Unable to open file for writing '\' Error '5
17:22:43 T:3520  NOTICE: Opening Subtitle stream: 0 source: 1024
17:22:43 T:3520   ERROR: CDVDPlayerSubtitle::OpenStream - Unable to create subtitle parser
17:22:43 T:3520 WARNING: CDVDPlayer::OpenSubtitleStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

means that you have no write permisions, correct that or save subs to a local destination.Deselect in Addon settings -> Subtitle Download Folder Same As Movie and set desired location

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles not working0