hardware required for quicker thumbs?
Hi I am currently running a windows 7 AMD X2 dual core pc with 4GB of Ram, and an Nvidia GT 520 graphics card, I have the latest RC3 and also MYSQL for database sharing, now that thumbs are not shared I would like to speed up the thumbnails esp on the wall mode for movies. I have 1700 movies so I appreciate this may be part of the problem, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should change first in terms of hardware to speed things up?

thanks
It depends on where it's slow. If it's slow only for the end of the list of 1700 movies, then it's due to the network latency to mysql. You can't speed this up without getting rid of mysql.

If it's just that the images take too long to load, then an SSD is your best bet.

The first is probably the problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This pc has the mysql on it as are all the movies so I doubt it is network related. The image is worst when in wall mode I scroll through the list holding the arrow key down, if say I stop on "i" it may take 2 or 3 secs for the covers the catch up. Its not really a big deal but I was thinking of upgrading so was wondering what change would makea difference.

SSD would be the first thing in that case.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware required for quicker thumbs?0