Automatic volume adjustment between sources
I have two different TV Shows encoded with different audio codecs. One uses mp3 and the other uses AAC. The mp3 volume is very low compared to the AAC and when switching from one to the other, the difference is enough that I need to scramble for the remote to turn it down. I've tried applying replaygain to the mp3 file and remuxing it back in, but that doesn't do anything. I assume XBMC doesn't use replaygain information for videos?

Is there an option in XBMC to automatically adjust the volume to the same level between the two files? Or perhaps an addon? I know about the dynamic range compression but that only works within the one file; it doesn't control volume between files. Or as a last resort, can I edit the AAC file to change the volume outputed? Prefereably through editing metadata and remuxing back in, not full recoding as I have alot of shows with this issue.
XBMC Frodo supports ReplayGain but as you said it could be that DVDPlayer simply ignores it. Other than recoding your shows I don't really know if this can easily be fixed.
(2013-01-09, 12:13)negge Wrote: XBMC Frodo supports ReplayGain but as you said it could be that DVDPlayer simply ignores it. Other than recoding your shows I don't really know if this can easily be fixed.

DVDPlayer is the name of the playback engine? Is there a secondary engine you can enable that might support extra features, perhaps via advanced settings or similar?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic volume adjustment between sources0