HELP - Renaming all my TV SERIES
Hi,
My current structure is - TV Series / Breaking Bad / Season / - S02E07 - Episode 7.mkv

I would like to implement the preferred renaming convention as the XBMC recommend. Breaking Bad.S02E07.mkv

Whats the best method to do this?
Im using theRenamer for episode names but it cant find them if i dont manually add the series to the front of the episode.

Thanks
N
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/

I use This Software.
I Will soon edit this post and add the Template that you need to enter to get your result

ok here it goes:
install filebot on your pc
1. go to "rename" tab
2. load your files
3. click "match" then "Edit Format"
4. type this: {n}.{s00e00} and click "use Format"
5. click "match" and then choose a site to scrap from, (TheTVDB recommended)
6. after scraping, scroll the list to see that all your files was matched fine.
7. Click Rename

10 second proccess Smile
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Thanks very much Tomer953!
At work now so will give this a whirl tonight!

Il let you know how i get on, the though or renaming 1000+ episodes worried me!

Thanks again!!
Hmm, I should read the post properly before posting next time!

In theRenamer, there is a tick box in settings just called "Folder Name"

If you tick it then it matches against folder name not filename.
you could use sickbeard link on xbmc forum to do this.

I just ued it to sort all my tv shows I collected over years - wanted to have all names unified.
Thanks Burke, I have sickbeard and SABnzbd+ running on another machine in the study. Going to look at moving this to my media server i think now!

Thanks MIIR. Il also test tonight!

N
Sick beard works great for this. Word of warning however, I recently moved a large number of TV shows from one drive to another, and in the process accidently changed the path of one series in Sickbeard to be the root directory (Where each show is stored). I then ran the "Rename all" function in Sickbeard. What happened was that it tried to match all the episodes of the show which was set to the root dir to those contained within (i.e., other episodes) and ended up copying many shows incorrectly. I basically ruined all the shows it touched, as I did not realize for several weeks and the logs (which contained the renaming mapping) were lost at that point.

So just be careful Smile May be best to do show by show
This is how did my processing:

1. renamed tv foder to tv_temp
2. made new foder tv
3. made alll folders for tv shows Used a little PS script I made)
4. told SB that download folder is tv_temp
5. said to SB to move associated fiels

ps. maybe you will need to pool episodes and all files to series root folder
I use TVrename for this. My structure is V:\TV\Breaking Bad\Season 1\Breaking Bad - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv
It downloads the banners, actor thumbs the nfo file automaticly (but with options).
Thanks for all your replies!

I used both TVrename and FileBot (http://filebot.sourceforge.net/).

I encoutered some issues with TVrename with it picking up different shows where FileBot was getting them correct so i found it easier to use FileBot.

If TVRename can get banners, actor thumbs and nfo files automatically i may now re run TVrename to get the additional info.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

N
With TVrename you need to make sure the name of the folder is exact like on thetvdb.com

For example, "The Office" was made in many different countries, so it should be namen "The Office (US)"
Thanks,
I noticed with TVrename on my folder called "Dexter" it renamed season 6 and 7 to "underbelly"...... and i couldnt change this! so i jumped to FileBot

!!

Also filebot decided on its first run to remove the .mkv/avi/mp4 extension from a complete 8 series of episodes. This made me panic, slightly!
FileBot always preserves extension when rename mode is set to "Relative Name", which is default. I guess you set it to "Absolute Path" which then allows you to override the extension. Also there is a (!) next to each item if you're about override the file extension.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP - Renaming all my TV SERIES0