XBMC + HDMI Audio issues - Help
Okay I am getting a bit lost here..but this is my setup

HTPC > ONKYO TX 3007 rxcvr > Hi Def projector

Nvidia GT640 HDMi into rxcvr

Right now XBMC will ONLY play sound when I use the Analog setting ? My rxcvr seems to show that I am decoding in DTS etc
and the information sounds right coming out of the 5.1 setup.
So questions 1 - Cannot I not leave XBMC in the analog setting ? What am I missing ?

Q2 - XBMC has no sound when I set it to HDMi, video still plays but its real choppy.

When I look in Win 7 sound properties, I have the following playback devices

Nvidia HDMI Output Port 1 and 2 - both are "unplugged"
Onkyo TX-3007 - which is listed as my default device
Speakers - VIA High Definition Audio - disabled
SPDiF Interface - VVIA High Definition Audio - Disabled

I cant seem to get the NVIDIA Output Ports to show plugged in.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated..

Cheers

SK

Mine also shows the amp as the default device ... and that is correct! Leave is as default and set it to 5.1/7.1 ...

Within xbmc did you set audio to hdmi, and both devices to wasapi on onkyo hdmi?
I did give that a try, once I went back to the confluence skin I was able to see the wasapi options. So now I have selected HDMI
video playback but get choppy video playback...

(2013-01-10, 09:47)SniperZoz Wrote: Mine also shows the amp as the default device ... and that is correct! Leave is as default and set it to 5.1/7.1 ...

Within xbmc did you set audio to hdmi, and both devices to wasapi on onkyo hdmi?

What version of the Nvidia card do you have? I had the same issue with choppy play back with my Nvidia GTX 470. I went to an inexpensive ATI HD5400 card and problem solved.

From what i could find out Nvidia cards do not pass the standard HD audio signals... other people say different... but i couldnt get my Nvidia to play those the stand HD signals so i went ATI. (Intel videos HD 3000 and above work as well)

If you look at your Audio device properties in windows and in the properties for that device you are trying to play through, within one of the tabs you will see the audio formats supported... if you do not see that Dolby Digital TrueHD, and DTS Master in that list you are not passing the HD signal to your reciever.

If you are not worried about HD audio, turn off within XBMC your reciever can recieve HD audio formats and the choppyness will go away, however you will need to select a different audio track each time you play a HD movie withing the audio settings once the movie is started to get to the standard audio formats...

So solve all that i just got a cheap ATI HD5400 video card and it works Smile
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
Thanks for the info...But I just bought this new Nvidia GT640 to resolve the poor video quality of the onboard Intel HD4000 I was getting..Blacks getting crushed..Color space issues etc.
Now that the video is looking the way it should...I decided to look into this issue.

Clearly there must be XBMC users out there who are using Nvidia cards who r able to use HDMI as an XBMC audio option without the choppy playback.
At this point I am still not exactly clear on what the difference is between the analog and the HDMi options. As even with it set to analog my rxcvr seems to be
outputting the correct info to each of the 5.2 speakers.

I will check into the audio properties to see what formats r supported. So thanks for that info.

Cheers

SK

(2013-01-10, 15:06)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: What version of the Nvidia card do you have? I had the same issue with choppy play back with my Nvidia GTX 470. I went to an inexpensive ATI HD5400 card and problem solved.

From what i could find out Nvidia cards do not pass the standard HD audio signals... other people say different... but i couldnt get my Nvidia to play those the stand HD signals so i went ATI. (Intel videos HD 3000 and above work as well)

If you look at your Audio device properties in windows and in the properties for that device you are trying to play through, within one of the tabs you will see the audio formats supported... if you do not see that Dolby Digital TrueHD, and DTS Master in that list you are not passing the HD signal to your reciever.

If you are not worried about HD audio, turn off within XBMC your reciever can recieve HD audio formats and the choppyness will go away, however you will need to select a different audio track each time you play a HD movie withing the audio settings once the movie is started to get to the standard audio formats...

So solve all that i just got a cheap ATI HD5400 video card and it works Smile

I have the same choppy video issue with HDMI using a Radeon 6870
See the sticky over on the Windows support forum http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + HDMI Audio issues - Help0