a directory that xbmc thinks is a tv show
ok so the subject sucks but not sure how else to put it in a short sentence.

I have all my tv shows in a directory that contains one directory for each letter of the alphabet.
each of these in turn have all the tv shows that begin with that letter.

tv_show/M/Married_with_Children

for example.

all is well except for the 'A' directory. When scrolling through the directory when 'A' is highlighted
it puts up a post for "the A-team" tv show. Every other directory is just the normal folder image.
Im am unable to get it not to do this. I have cleaned and rescanned. Tried messing with the "tv show info"
option nothing works.

any ideas?

thanks
If you have only one source for tvshows, in your case "tv_show", then xbmc thinks that all the alphabet folders are the tvshows, but the recursive scan is catching the shows inside those folders. If you were to add each of the alphabet directories as a source, then you probably would not have the A-team issue, but that would be kind of cumbersome for sources.
I understand you're trying to be organized with your file structure, but it's not really necessary for the library. Perhaps for file mode.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a directory that xbmc thinks is a tv show0