Linux MythTV setup problems Ubuntu / Ceton InfiniTV 4
I recently got a Ceton InfiniTV 4 and have been planning to use it with XBMC 12.0 and their new PVR front end addition. I was unlucky and after about 5 hours of banging my head was unable to get it working in windows. I then decided to move to linux. I did this as a second choice because my main server runs windows and that's where I wanted the tuner card... In the end linux is fine for now as I have it running on a second machine.

I installed Ubuntu 12.10, and install the latest MythTV front and back ends, I believe its version 25, I'm not on the PC ATM so I cant be for sure, I'll edit later if needed. Following this guide (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ceton_InfiniTV_4) I was able to get my card running and displaying video through mplayer. That was a promising start as I couldn't even get this far in windows. After a few more hours trying to get MythTV functional I was able to get MythTV front and backend talking enough to where I could browse channels. Again this was much more promising than windows. Where my problems begin is trying to get the XBMC add-on working and playing across net work. I have a suspicion that its a routing problem but I'm not sure ATM.

Here's what I know:

- The Tuner card is accessible at 192.168.200.1
- MythTV seems to have some web accessible interface of some kind at 192.168.200.2 (not sure though, it renders a blank page via the web and I haven't investigated it much, I also see this IP in the settings menu) This might just an interface to talk to the Cable Tuner
- eth0 on the back end is assigned to 192.168.1.101 via router's DHCP
- My DHCP server and router have a network set-up like so 192.168.1.1/24 with DCHP starting at 100->200 and my potential clients are at 192.168.100.102->105

Is the MythTV plug-in supposed to be talking to the host machine (192.168.1.101) on port 6543 or is it supposed to be talking to one of the other network interfaces in the 192.168.200.0/24 range? Do I need to have these interface binding to routeable address?

Do I need to have the mysql server listening on the host's port of 192.168.1.101? instead of 127.0.0.1? All the auto configured stuff in MythTV doesn't really work out of the box and the documentation doesn't explain how anything talks to each other. It seems like all the default values all need to be tweaked just to get off the ground....

Anyway I'm fairly competent in Linux and networking but I just need some guidance on how all this stuff is supposed to talk to each other. Thanks for you help.
(2013-01-11, 00:27)Tripplesixty Wrote: I recently got a Ceton InfiniTV 4 and have been planning to use it with XBMC 12.0 and their new PVR front end addition. I was unlucky and after about 5 hours of banging my head was unable to get it working in windows. I then decided to move to linux. I did this as a second choice because my main server runs windows and that's where I wanted the tuner card... In the end linux is fine for now as I have it running on a second machine.

I installed Ubuntu 12.10, and install the latest MythTV front and back ends, I believe its version 25, I'm not on the PC ATM so I cant be for sure, I'll edit later if needed. Following this guide (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ceton_InfiniTV_4) I was able to get my card running and displaying video through mplayer. That was a promising start as I couldn't even get this far in windows. After a few more hours trying to get MythTV functional I was able to get MythTV front and backend talking enough to where I could browse channels. Again this was much more promising than windows. Where my problems begin is trying to get the XBMC add-on working and playing across net work. I have a suspicion that its a routing problem but I'm not sure ATM.

Here's what I know:

- MythTV seems to have some web accessible interface of some kind at 192.168.200.2 (not sure though, it renders a blank page via the web and I haven't investigated it much, I also see this IP in the settings menu) This might just an interface to talk to the Cable Tuner
- My DHCP server and router have a network set-up like so 192.168.1.1/24 with DCHP starting at 100->200 and my potential clients are at 192.168.100.102->105

Is the MythTV plug-in supposed to be talking to the host machine (192.168.1.101) on port 6543 or is it supposed to be talking to one of the other network interfaces in the 192.168.200.0/24 range? Do I need to have these interface binding to routeable address?

Do I need to have the mysql server listening on the host's port of 192.168.1.101? instead of 127.0.0.1? All the auto configured stuff in MythTV doesn't really work out of the box and the documentation doesn't explain how anything talks to each other. It seems like all the default values all need to be tweaked just to get off the ground....

Anyway I'm fairly competent in Linux and networking but I just need some guidance on how all this stuff is supposed to talk to each other. Thanks for you help.

If your xbmc frontend is on a different computer then your backend I am pretty sure you have to have mysql listening on 192.168.1.101

Anything on the .200 ip address is from your Card... Your Ceton card has a web page you can go to for diagnostic information. You need to edit the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file to allow mysql to listen on your 192.168.1.101 ip address.

(2013-01-11, 00:27)Tripplesixty Wrote: I recently got a Ceton InfiniTV 4 and have been planning to use it with XBMC 12.0 and their new PVR front end addition. I was unlucky and after about 5 hours of banging my head was unable to get it working in windows. I then decided to move to linux. I did this as a second choice because my main server runs windows and that's where I wanted the tuner card... In the end linux is fine for now as I have it running on a second machine.

Here's what I know:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV setup problems Ubuntu / Ceton InfiniTV 40