RaspBmc, keyboard maping & logitech K400
Hi everyone !

First of all : Thank you for your work XMBC is a GREAT soft i made streaming of video from my server by FTP natively it's GREAT !
Second : I apologise for my bad English, this is not my mother tongue.

So this is my problem i bougth a Logitech K400 Keyboard to plug on my R. Pi and keyboard/touchpad is working great.

I just have the multimedia key not working great, only Volume Up is working.
Mute / Volume Down and Home aren't working

I try to modify keymap.xml but with no issues.

With is my log traceof pressing in order : Mute/Volume Down/Volume Up/Home

Code:
00:40:48 T:3038359552   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 71, sym: 0126, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
00:40:48 T:3038359552   DEBUG: OnKey: f13 (f09c) pressed, action is
00:40:49 T:3038359552   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 0127, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
00:40:49 T:3038359552   DEBUG: OnKey: f14 (f09d) pressed, action is
00:40:49 T:3038359552   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 73, sym: 00af, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
00:40:49 T:3038359552   DEBUG: OnKey: volume_up (f0b9) pressed, action is VolumeUp

Please consider that Home button doesn't make any change in log file (-_^)

You will be so kind if you help me to set my keyboard correctly because xbmc on R.P is so great that a little things like that is such a pain.

Thank's a lot !
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

From your log snippet, it looks like F13 and F14 are recognized keypresses, but there are no actions mapped to them to perform. You can do so via a custom keyboard.xml (wiki) file placed in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory which contains your key (re)assignments.
I noticed that the "-" key also doesn't work and this should make the volume go down.

I tried + and - while pressing the "FN" function key and this allowed me to change the volume up and down. It seems like a reasonable work-around until the issue is resolved.
I assume the issue has something to do with the function keys on Logitech keyboards because I have the same issue on my Logitech illuminated keyboard.
Welcome to the XBMC forums, BlakeEM.

If you enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and press the desired keys, you can then examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see if XBMC even recognized those keypresses. If they are recognized, then you can assign functions to them by way of a custom keyboard.xml (wiki) file.
Alright, i was thinking that f13 & f14 were the key code in put in the field id of <key>, Maybe it's why it's not working. I'll try tonight because i'm at work and i can't do it right now.
And another question if you rewrite a custom keyboard.xml, I have to rewrite every like the sample on github or may it be just what I need ? Typically not working keys ?
(2013-01-11, 09:27)johnvox Wrote: Alright, i was thinking that f13 & f14 were the key code in put in the field id of <key>
What you were thinking is correct:
Code:
<f13>Some-XBMC-action/function</f13>
<f14>Some-other-XBMC-action/function</f14>
Quote:And another question if you rewrite a custom keyboard.xml, I have to rewrite every like the sample on github or may it be just what I need ? Typically not working keys ?
Your custom keyboard.xml only needs to contain statements for keys that you want to use that are either:
  • not assigned in the installation keyboard.xml
  • or you wish to override the default action defined in the installation keyboard.xml

And do you have an idea/issue for the home button because when I pressed it, it doesn't appear in the log file ?
I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for that. If that key press doesn't appear in the debug log, then it's not a key that XBMC recognizes natively.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBmc, keyboard maping & logitech K4000