My minimum video?
Built a new server and while it is completely fast enough to run whatever I throw at it, I was trying to mostly keep it headless. Meaning minimal or no video card. There is no onboard GPU. That said, I had a spare PCI video card I installed and am wondering if it is enough to run XBMC? See, if I want to just run XBMC as a media streamer, why would I worry about having a capable video card in it? If XBMC does truley have a minimum to operate and if it does require some more punch to shot 1080p to devices, what is the minimum I could run for this scenario? The card currently in it is a PCI ATI Radeon 7000 64mb DDR. Any input is highly valued. Thanks much.
The card needs to support OpenGL 1.4 - I believe xbmc aborts with a message if it doesn't. To your point it doesn't need to run well / quickly for your application.
Yes, I do get a message when trying to run XBMC that says "CApplication::Create() failed....."

That said, anyone know how I can find out what cards run that as a minimum. My search through Google didn't yield much.
Tigerdirect has a couple Radeon HD cards on sale for under $20 and I picked up a fanless nVidia GT-520 awhile back for $8 after instant rebates at my local store. Pretty much anything released in the past 7-8 years or so should work for you, and in fact the 7000 was one of the last cards that only supports OpenGL 1.3.

For your needs check with the service guys in your local computer shop. They've probably got a bunch of entry-level pre-apu cards in a box under the bench and would 'sell' you one for a coffee.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My minimum video?0