Mixed movies widget
Hi

I asked this in the Nox 4.0 thread but I think it got missed;

Is it possible to have the mixed movies widget only scroll through in progress movies? So if you only have two movies then it will just scroll between the two, as I guess many people wont have too many in progress movies. I really like this widget and I think it would be even better if it didnt have the TV icon popping up. Just a suggestion

Thanks,
Dave
Not sure about that, but in 3.6 I changed mine so that it started with in progress movies and any other blank ones got filled in with random ones(I too did not want to see that TV icon).
Yeah I think the problem is if theres no in progress movies, the stand alone widget vanishes (which is a good thing) so it can scroll only through the existing ones, but you cant do that with the middle panel (make it vanish) so thats why it probably shows the default icon and you have to scroll through all of them (Its easy to change that tv icon to the default movie icon though)

@Vaikin, thats a pretty cool idea, but how did you know if a movie was one you forgot you were watching or a random one? Maybe a "In Progress" corner graphic would be cool to do it like that Smile

Could you post a example how you did that in 3.6 so I can see if I can do it in 4? (and I'll see if I can figure out how to add a "In Progress" label to it.)
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
I was thinking something like:

EDIT: Updated image above to be more centered.

Here is how it would look (photo shopped)

That way you could tell if it was random or in progress, what do you guys think?
Logo's Made So Far:
Not entirely sure which file it was as I no longer have 3.6, and the skin has changed a lot anyways. But, I'm going to assume that you can fiddle with: Includes_Widget1 and Includes_Widget2.

<include name="FeaturedWidgetMiddleMovies"> and <include name="FeaturedWidget2MiddleMovies">

Basically, I added more items to the list. Instead of it being for RecommendedMovies, I use the random one. I made it visible only if the corresponding RecommendedMovie entry had no title(because it didn't exist).

I haven't fiddled with 4.0 yet, as phil and BN still make some changes/fixes quite regularly.
(2013-01-11, 20:38)ShadowTek Wrote: Could you post a example how you did that in 3.6 so I can see if I can do it in 4? (and I'll see if I can figure out how to add a "In Progress" label to it.)
Ok thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-01-11, 22:53)ShadowTek Wrote: Ok thanks, I'll see if I can figure it out Smile

That would be brilliant, please post the files if you figure it outBig Grin
Includes_Widget2.xml line 4436.

This will rotate through all the in progress movies in the widget, except the blank ones(which it will skip). All I did was add the !IsEmpty parts to the visible attributes.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=eygDUJYz

If you want the blank ones to be shown but with random movies instead:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=22SLeCP1

Of course you'd have to do this to Includes_Widget1 as well, but it's essentially just be c/p with a few tiny changes. I have no idea if this is the best way to do this, but it definitely works.
Sweet nice job man, I changed the random movies to 9 - 13 so there different from the first 8 in the first panel, I'll try and add the little banner I made to the in progress movies, I ran out of time yesterday. Thanks for sharing Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
suggestion sounds good, makes sense for movies. will implement that.
done.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Cool Smile
Are you gonna use the in progress label (Its a png with transparency) I made? I can make it in a different color or say something different (Like "watching" or something) if you want?

Edit, new window png:
http://www.mejuba.com/albums/ShadowTek/1...w/original
Logo's Made So Far:
took that. forgot to push before. thx.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks Phil!
Logo's Made So Far:
I've just downloaded the latest version of the skin and the change looks brilliant, thanks to everyone involvedBig Grin Also the in progress flag idea is brilliant nice work Shadowtrek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed movies widget0