Linux Q6600 Harvest for XBMCBuntu + Emulators - ~$100 for NVidia + Case + Power Supply?
Cut cable a while ago and am trying to scrap build a HTPC from parts I pulled.

I am looking for an NVIDIA (XBMCbuntu build) card with 2 outputs (I have 2 50" TVs).
Also need a mini ATX case and psu that can handle the Q6600 and at least 2 HDDs and the graphics card--I'm really unsure how much power I need.

-$100 is a flexible guideline--I'll certainly need a remote at some time and I'm unsure if the mobo can wake via a remote.
-I want to run XBMCBUNTU (I don't have an extra copy of Windows 7) for streaming from my windows 7 machine.
-Would like to be able to do 1080p if possible.
-I'd also like to be able to launch MAME, SNES and NES emulators--maybe some Playstation stuff too if it can handle it. This thing probably won't be beefy enough to run Dolphin.
-Need to be able to launch a web browser occasionally so that I can stream flash to either TV (android tablet no longer likes flash).
-I DO have 7.1 surround sound and a nice receiver so I guess bitstream would be nice but I'm going for low budget. If not oh well.

Parts I have
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 w/ stock Heatsink (I own a giant one that won't fit in a mini ATX sized case)
MOBO: Old but unused Gigabyte GT41M-Combo that takes DDR2 or DDR3
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 (1066) 4 GB
HDD: Various 800GB extra drives lying around. May add a SDD later.
Power Supplies: Various bulky 600 and 750s that fit in giant towers.

Any advice into making these old parts useful and/or energy efficient would be very appreciated.

Cliffs
How can I turn my old Q6600 with DDR2 and a crappy mini-atx mobo into a 1080p XBMCbuntu / Consule Emulator machine for just over $100?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Q6600 Harvest for XBMCBuntu + Emulators - ~$100 for NVidia + Case + Power Supply?0