Is MusicBrainz ID available via Python?
I wanted to add some new artwork options to Artist Slideshow, and to do that I need the MusicBrainz ID for the artist of the playing song. I just generated pydocs for my local install of Frodo RC3, and I can't find anything in the MusicInfoTag object that looks like it's where the MusicBrainz ID is stored. I could have sworn Frodo was going to scape and store the MusicBrainzID, so I hope there's some way to get at it. Or did I miss something obvious?
You can get it through JSONRPC
However this is only stored if you used MusicBrainz Picard on your mp3.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's also only available on the song level through JSON RPC.. Smile

This will give you all the Musicbrainz ID's if they are available.
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongDetails", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid", "musicbrainzalbumid", "musicbrainztrackid", "musicbrainzartistid" ], "songid": put song id here }, "id": 1}

If you're using Frodo, you should be able to use the following to get the XBMC's Song ID
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.DBID]

The MusicBrainz integration still hasn't fully been added to XBMC -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1213. Though as Martijn said, if they are in your tags, XBMC does store them in the Database.

EDIT:

Just was checking out the JSON RPC Introspec and found the following would be what you are craving:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetItem", "params": { "playerid": 0,"properties": ["musicbrainztrackid", "musicbrainzartistid", "musicbrainzalbumid", "musicbrainzalbumartistid"] },  "id": 1}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is MusicBrainz ID available via Python?0