Win graphic card support
hi forum, i've been having problems with my graphic card when using XBMC..

i'm sure it is XMBC that is giving me problems because (1) i've uninstalled, and resinstalled drivers for the card multiple times, (2) i've done complete OS installs, (3) the card doesn't fail when using any other program.

the problem is that when playing a movie in fullscreen mode, the graphic card stops working.. there is a blank screen (sometimes different color) and a high pitched whining noise. i end up having to restart the computer and there is no error message (except windows did not shut down properly). this usually happens once an hour or so and the indications of it occurring are that the playback starts showing pixels, and the audio sometimes lags a bit.

i've contacted Sapphire and they will issue an RMA for the card, but i want to get your opinion before that because i don't want to pay like 25-30 to send it in and wait.
the card works fine using other programs like VLC, or on youtube. i've started running XBMC by disabling the windows Desktop composition, it seems to not have crashed since then... this should not happen with a good card like this. I'm using a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7750 1GB and i've had this card for almost a year now.
I would suggest you put openelec on a USB stick and find out if the problem really is hardware related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
graphic card support0