Win Download of subtitles not working from Subscene
Still no luck in Openelec 2.99.4 Confused

Saying "Downloading subtitle..."
I'm having same problem for long time. Thanks for the fix. I will try and report here.
I have tried the fix, but with no success. It just says "downloading subtitle..." and then it's stuck there.

Here's my debug log:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5234
Wink 
(2013-03-18, 12:05)kim1406 Wrote: I'm having same problem for long time. Thanks for the fix. I will try and report here.

THANK YOU. It is working fine. I just tested it in my two windows settings (WinXP and Win7), both are working.
For those having a problem, make sure to save the file as "service.py" and the coding format must be UTF-8, as I missed the coding format at first and didn't work, then I saved it in UTF-8, so it is working now Big Grin.
(2013-03-18, 15:50)kim1406 Wrote: THANK YOU. It is working fine. I just tested it in my two windows settings (WinXP and Win7), both are working.
For those having a problem, make sure to save the file as "service.py" and the coding format must be UTF-8, as I missed the coding format at first and didn't work, then I saved it in UTF-8, so it is working now Big Grin.

That didn't work for me :/
(2013-03-20, 13:48)Mushi Wrote:
(2013-03-18, 15:50)kim1406 Wrote: THANK YOU. It is working fine. I just tested it in my two windows settings (WinXP and Win7), both are working.

That didn't work for me :/

Maybe you didn't copy the correct strings, here is my file, it is working on Eden and Frodo, try it and let us know.
Subscene service file
(2013-03-18, 12:24)Mushi Wrote: I have tried the fix, but with no success. It just says "downloading subtitle..." and then it's stuck there.

Here's my debug log:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5234

Mushi, your windows profile name has non-english characters that are not supported by XBMC subtitles.
Try running XBMC in portable mode, install subtitles addon and check if subtitles will work now (which most definitely will!!)
to run XBMC in portable mode, just make a shortcut to XBMC on desktop and change the path from:
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"
to
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

it will use a different folder for storing your settings. Don't panic when you won't see your addons/settings cuz it's a fresh start for XBMC.
if you wanna go back, just remove the -p from the path and it will get back to the way it was,
Anyone still having problems with this I am getting no subtitles, but when i use the OpenSubtitles source I get subtitles.
(2013-12-07, 05:57)daking67 Wrote: Anyone still having problems with this I am getting no subtitles, but when i use the OpenSubtitles source I get subtitles.

I've the same thing, I'm using the latest Gotham build
I guess this will be solved somehow as the entire subtitles new module is not completed yet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download of subtitles not working from Subscene0